Menu
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can I have regular reminder calls on my telephone?

I always used regular reminder calls when we were with BT, and the Virgin website shows these are available but I just spoke to a Virgin person on the phone and he said they are no longer available. PLEASE tell me this isn't true!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I have regular reminder calls on my telephone?

Hi there buzzrodwell, 

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I am sorry to hear that you were advised that the Reminder Call feature is no longer available. 

I have double checked and the Reminder Call feature is still available to our customers, though there may be a small number of customers who are unable to get this feature due to the part of the network they are on, and the capability of the switch. 

You can find out more about Reminder Call on the following link 

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/calling-features.html

Should you wish to see if we can add this to your line, please give us another call on 150 or 0345 454 1111. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do Virgin tecchies get onto these forums?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there buzzrodwell, 

Firstly I would like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I am sorry to hear that you were advised that the Reminder Call feature is no longer available. 

I have double checked and the Reminder Call feature is still available to our customers, though there may be a small number of customers who are unable to get this feature due to the part of the network they are on, and the capability of the switch. 

You can find out more about Reminder Call on the following link 

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/calling-features.html

Should you wish to see if we can add this to your line, please give us another call on 150 or 0345 454 1111. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Huw!

Interesting as the Virgin guy I spoke to was quite categorical about it not being available. He actually laughed when I said it was offered on the Virgin website!

I will take another look.

Thanks again.

Buzz

0 Kudos
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.

I spoke to one of your people today to add the Reminder Call facility, which they have done.

However, it appears that the REGULAR reminder call service we wanted is not, after all, available.

We have no idea which colour band we're in (we assume it's red) -can you let us know when/if the REGULAR reminder call service will come available for us, please? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there buzzrodwell, 

If you check out http://virg.in/userguide it details how to check what zone you are in. Basically you dial 1765 and a recorded message will let you know what colour zone applies to your line. 

The instructions for all call features can also be found on this link. I have also sent you a Private Message in order to gather some further information from you so I can check once and for all if the reminder call feature is available on your line. 

Please look to the top left of this page where you will see a red envelope icon, click on that and you will see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Huw 

0 Kudos
berniex822
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin website says reminder calls are available and I'm told I'm in the red zone, but when I dialled the numbers to set up what I (and the rest of the English speaking world) call an alarm call I was told it was not available on my line. That was all - no offer of help about maybe setting it up or where to look...

0 Kudos
buzzrodwell
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't know if this helps but I set up an alarm call (so not regular in an automatic sense!) every evening by pressing *73 and then entering the required time (eg.) 0600

0 Kudos