Menu
Via
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I get rid of phone yet?

See previously that Virgin were going to consider doing away with phone line rental being forced for broadband and have seen tonight on MSE Virgin offering for 50mb with no line rental but can't see anything on site. 

Can't remember last time I used landlines and now it's even ignored if it rings as it would only be cold calling as everyone I want to speak to uses my mobile. 

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I get rid of phone yet?

VM are certainly not doing away with Landline Rental. It still attracts a huge discount when Broadband & Phone are taken together. You can have standalone Broadband, but you will pay a premium for it.

The ruling that is coming in basically forces providers to show Landline rental as part of the "headline" price when taking a Broadband product, & not hidden away in the small print as it has been previously.

The Broadband only deals are here (click the righthand tab under the header):

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/compare.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM are certainly not doing away with Landline Rental. It still attracts a huge discount when Broadband & Phone are taken together. You can have standalone Broadband, but you will pay a premium for it.

The ruling that is coming in basically forces providers to show Landline rental as part of the "headline" price when taking a Broadband product, & not hidden away in the small print as it has been previously.

The Broadband only deals are here (click the righthand tab under the header):

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/compare.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Via
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Managed to find the page after posting, still works out cheaper without...

e.g. vivid 100 with phone: £26 + £19 = £45/month

without: £37.25/month

So paying extra £10.25 for broadband but saving £19 on something I do not use.

Plus TV will be going, can't warrant paying £100/month anymore for package when realistically all I really use is broadband, most TV I watch is via netflix / amazon prime now.

0 Kudos
Mckechs
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My landline doesn't work and hasn't worked for the last month despite my carefully following of the help tips on line. Seems a bit much having to pay for it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mckechs

Sorry to hear about the continued problems with your service, I responded to your previous thread regarding this issue but didn't get a response.

You can view that thread by clicking [here]. Looking forward to hearing from you and getting this issue sorted.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos