Menu
MechelleClaire
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I book an engineer online to fix my phone line?

I have no dial tone on my phone and can not make any calls. It's not a service problem as it has been this way for over a week now. Can I book an engineer visit online to repair it?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I book an engineer online to fix my phone line?

MechelleClaire wrote:
I have no dial tone on my phone and can not make any calls. It's not a service problem as it has been this way for over a week now. Can I book an engineer visit online to repair it?

Use the service status page and run a test against your line, it may pop the option to allow you to do just that, then again it may not. You can do three tests per 24 hours, so try 3 times and see if you're lucky or not.

Alternative use the Contact Us page: Phone -> No Dial Tone -> Email us. A staff member would get back to you about it by email and book an engineer appointment in. Just as the staff here will do when they get around to response to your topic.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MechelleClaire wrote:

Use the service status page and run a test against your line, it may pop the option to allow you to do just that, then again it may not. You can do three tests per 24 hours, so try 3 times and see if you're lucky or not.

Alternative use the Contact Us page: Phone -> No Dial Tone -> Email us. A staff member would get back to you about it by email and book an engineer appointment in. Just as the staff here will do when they get around to response to your topic.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MechelleClaire,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your landline hasn't worked for over a week. Were you able to get in touch with us to book an engineer, as Shelke suggested? 

If your landline is still not working, please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

lestheaker
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone Fault Complaint

phone not working need engineer to look at it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Fault Complaint

Hi lestheaker,

A warm welcome to our community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Landline isn't working.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

I have carried out a line status check remotely and all is looking fine from here.  How are things looking today?

If you're still experiencing any issues with the Landline, can you please let me know if you have tried a different handset?  Or tested your handset in another line to ensure it's not a handset issues?

If you can let me know how things are today, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos