Menu
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calls to my number routed somewhere else

For some time now calls to my virgin media home phone have been routed to a phone at another address a couple of streets away. Calls to their number are being routed somewhere else as well, but not to my phone. Virgin media are sending an engineer to both our addresses, but surely the problem is in the virgin media network somewhere? I doubt equipment in either of our addresses is capable of re routing calls to bot our phones. 

Any one else suffered with this?

0 Kudos
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls to my number routed somewhere else

Woops, looks like I routed this question to the wrong part of the forum. Any idea how I move it?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've taken the Liberty of having it moved for you.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Logged on to Virgin Media this morning which showed me No engineer was due to call, despite my wire being told there was one coming today. As I've taken the day off work to be in when he calls I thought I'd better call Virgin Media from my mobile phone. I was told that there was no engineer coming today, and that in fact one had visited the cabinet and 'fixed' the issue there. I let the person I was talking to know that 

a : it wasn't fixed

b: I received no call to say don't wait in for the engineer

and c: if an engineer thought they had fixed the issue, why wasn't I told so I could check? A knock on the door (obvs. we wouldn't be receiving any calls due to a: above) would have facilitated this.

I was then told an engineer wasn't available until some time next week. To which I said, no they are coming today as I have taken the day off work to be in when they call.

An 'emergency' call from an engineer was then promised within 4 hours. That was one hour ago at 8:30, anyone like to bet what will happen? 

0 Kudos
ahughf
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, engineer called and all is fixed. Well done, but no compensation for any mobile calls made on PAYG mobiles to get this sorted out!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahughf

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos