Menu
Sharona45
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Calls still registering on my acount that I didn't make

thought all was sorted, have been checking weekly that no calls are on my landline. This morning 2 incoming calls on my answerphone to say they are getting calls from my number and they don't know who I am.  I haven't used my landline.  Engineer booked for Saturday. This is causing me a lot of stress as this will be the third engineer. Craig can you help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls still registering on my acount that I didn't make

HI Sharona45

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line, I'm really glad to hear that an engineers appointment has been planned to take a closer look though.

Once the engineer has been, get in touch and I'll take a look at adjusting that bill.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Sharona45

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm glad to hear that the engineers appointment went well.

Keep an eye on your bill and if you notice anything that shouldn't be there, get in touch and we'll take another look right away.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sharona45

Sorry to hear that this issue is still happening, I'm glad to hear that you've organised an appointment though and would love to hear how this goes.

We're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Craig

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Sharona45

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line, I'm really glad to hear that an engineers appointment has been planned to take a closer look though.

Once the engineer has been, get in touch and I'll take a look at adjusting that bill.

Craig

0 Kudos
Sharona45
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig.  Engineer has been and was very thorough. The wires in the brown box on the wall outside my house had so badly corroded that they fell apart when touched. Engineer said he repaced them and should be alright now. He though water was dripping in the box from over hanging shrub. I have cut back branches but on closer inspection noticed the cover was quite lose and not sealed. The wall is exposed and the wind and rain drive against that wall so water will still get in. What I think is that as the box is very old it should be repaced to give a proper weather seal as in fact the shrub was offering some protection. I will contact technical support to see if I can arrange this and let you know as this has been quite stressful and hopefully I will be credited for the calls I didn't make

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Sharona45

Thanks for taking the time to let me know about this, I'm glad to hear that the engineers appointment went well.

Keep an eye on your bill and if you notice anything that shouldn't be there, get in touch and we'll take another look right away.

Craig

0 Kudos
Sharona45
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craig thanks for your response.  Just checked on line and random calls still happening, so far £9 worth.  Have booked another engineer. Had long conversation with a very helpful technical support technician. Another senior engineer is now booked for Wednesday morning.  I am not particularly technical but I suspect that the cable is water damaged or corroded and will need replacing. Hasn't rained so nothing to do with the brown box.  Will let you know how it goes Wednesday. Thanks again for your offer of help if this doesn't get resolved.  4th time lucky I hope.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sharona45

Sorry to hear that this issue is still happening, I'm glad to hear that you've organised an appointment though and would love to hear how this goes.

We're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Craig

0 Kudos
Sharona45
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A senoir engineer called on 16 November 2016, did a very thorough diagnostic check.  He established it was indeed the cable insulation had corroded.  His report stated "loss of insulation on 'drop' cable incoming line. He spent the best part of the day replacing the cable and ensured all other connections were ok. Since he came there has been no further 'phantom' calls so I am now confident that the problem has been fixed. I would like to thank that engineer acknowledging that I certainly was not making these calls at all times of the day at night to mostly unexisting telephone numbers for .026 duration. It is not helpful that customer services keep logging this as crossed line issue and engineers do not seem to have training on this fault. Calls now credited. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sharona45

Excellent news! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

0 Kudos