cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

I've only found out what this number is by Googling, because every time I've answered it I've just got silence.  Please ensure there is an easier way of opting out of these calls - the long winded route is precisely that, long winded and an unnecessary hassle.

@Tenorman wrote:

I've only found out what this number is by Googling, because every time I've answered it I've just got silence.  Please ensure there is an easier way of opting out of these calls - the long winded route is precisely that, long winded and an unnecessary hassle.

... and disreputable.  But they won't listen to us, will they?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Well, I just got a call too with the usual silence when you answer it.  But the solution, for me, is easy because on iphones you can block numbers, which is just what I did.  Try calling me now you idiots ...

Ken_
Tuning in

I had a call on my mobile yesterday from this number, a woman who I could barely understand talked about a new bundle they were offering me, when I was asked for part of my Virgin password I suggested she send me details through the post, she then said she'd email me details of what was being offered and phone me back today at 12:00.

Someone from the same number phoned at midday today and when I answered there was just silence before the caller hung up, I received another phone call this evening from the same number but couldn't answer because I was driving, a voice mail was left, the voice mail was about 30 seconds of silence.

What's wrong with these morons making nuisance phone calls, needless to say the number is now blocked.

Chief
On our wavelength

Hmm last time I was plagued by calls from this marketing department I threatened to go to BT for everything unless they stopped calling me, that was a year or so ago, had a call from them today, so time to go looking at other supplier options again I think!

I've blocked the number from my phone, but I can see that there have been nearly 50 (FIFTY) attempted calls from this number in the last month. I've asked VM via the chat function to remove me from marketing, that didn't work, I've also telephoned and I'm still getting them.

Next stop will be BBC Watchdog

Sames here. 2-3 calls per day. Cant block it on my mobile all I can do is send it straight to voicemail. Which is a real pain as I then get a text I have voicemail and then need to log in and delete the blank VM. 

I'm the account holder but my husband has been getting calls from Virgin on his mobile (neither of us have Virgin mobile phones) and they ask to speak to me! I spoke to them today for the first time and was very suspicious but made it clear I wasn't happy with them keep calling as I'd only sorted out my account last week when I haggled down the price of my packages!

I will be blocking the number if they call me and have told OH to block them from his!

@Sephiroth wrote:

@Tenorman wrote:

... and disreputable.  But they won't listen to us, will they?

@James_W

James

Please send upstairs the clear information that the customers don't want this, don't like this and the campaign should stop forthwith.

Can you do that for us?  At least I was able to block these poxy calls.

Thanks in advance.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi

I understand that these calls aren't appreciated by everyone, and would urge that if any of our customers no longer wish to receive calls from us, that you should contact our customer service team on the usual numbers - 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we'll be able to take your number off the list.

I can confirm that 0800 408 9340 is a Virgin Media line, as confirmed when you call it back (it's 0800 so it's free on a landline).

Apologies for the inconvenience,

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide