Menu
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Calls From N. Ireland to Rep. of Ireland

I'm on Talk More Anytime (unbeknownst to me, I'd been moved from Talk Unlimited when I negotiated my last contract).

On Talk Unlimited, there was no charge for landline calls to the ROI from NI - so, I assumed that a £1.24 charge that appeared on my bill for a call two days ago to Dublin was because Talk More Anytime ceased the ROI free call benefit.

I went to the online chat where the Virgin agent claimed that I was charged at international rate because the ROI benefit didn't apply to Talk More Anytime.

I called another agent who then contradicted that; she said that Talk More Anytime DOES allow free landline calls from NI to the ROI.  She then said that I'd been charged because the shop I called in Dublin only used a mobile phone, so I accepted that I should have been charged

Two things that trouble me now are that contradictory info is being issued by different agents and that, personally, I am currently unable to distinguish between what looks like a landline and a mobile number in the ROI.

0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls From N. Ireland to Rep. of Ireland

I've had another web chat - the third agent claims the calls ARE chargeable!
0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

He now says they're NOT chargeable - I have the transcript for future reference.

Phew!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Declanworld, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the confusion here Smiley Sad

I've looked in to this for you and it would seem the package you are on, Talk More Anytime, doesn't include any international calls. For them to be included you would need to be on our Talk More Anytime International Plan. 

You can view the different packages and what they cover you for here: Karen_A's Post

Given that you are calling Dublin from within the UK, this would be classed as an International Call and therefore is chargeable. 

Apologies for any confusion on this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Declanworld
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator