Menu
cartersusa
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Calling a Virgin Media UK phone from the USA - always equipment busy tone

Hi,

I am trying to call a Virgin Media phone in the UK from the USA and everytime I switch through to the number I receive an "equipment busy" signal (rapid beeping tone). The owner of the UK phone has reported this to Virgin Media and they say there is no problem. The UK phone can dial out and can also receive incoming UK originating calls....so just what is causing this problem ??  Its been happening for over 4 weeks now....nayone got any ideas ???

0 Kudos
cartersusa
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

permanent equipment busy signal when calling UK Virgin landline from USA

I keep getting a permanent equipment busy signal when calling into a UK based Virgin land line phone number from a USA based phone.  The person I am trying to call assures me the UK phone works correctly and can receive calls from other UK based calls.....anyone got any ideas where and what the problem could be ??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: permanent equipment busy signal when calling UK Virgin landline from USA

Try a different landline or different SIM card to call the individual. If it rings through OK from the alternate landline/alternate SIM, then the individual could maybe have a CPR call blocker or handset which does call blocking, said device could have blacklisted the number you usually call from.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cartersusa,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I can see our fabulous @Shelke has responded to the same kind of query here: permanent equipment busy signal when calling UK Virgin landline from USA.

I thought I would pop by and see if this helps in any way.  Have you been able to contact anyone else in the UK on Virgin Media?

Keep me posted, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cartersusa
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke,

I haven't tried another UK based Virgin phone to see if I get the same problem, but I have tried other BT based Virgin phones and the calls always go through OK.  Its been a hard problem for more than 3 weeks now, so thats what pointed me to question the Virgin phone / system.

0 Kudos