Menu
Gaz2629
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Caller id

got a question about caller id 

if you don't have caller id shouldn't you still receive a number or a missed call message on the display. I've just transferred from sky and when I didn't have caller display I at least saw that somebody had rang me and it left a number or an unknown caller message. If I ring the house from my mobile it shows incoming call but when I disconnect the display shows nothing not even a missed call !!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller id

Yes if you don't have caller ID it should log a missed call from an unknown / with-held number.

Have you tried another handset to see if the same problem occurs or not?

What happens when you ring 1471? Does it list the last call from an unknown / with-held number?

If it does same problem on another handset and 1472 lists nothing new call wise, there may be a problem with the line. A member of the Forum Team here would be able to look into that for you, one of them will respond to your topic in up to three days (usually less in the phone board.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gaz2629,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm looking into this for you to see if there's anything we can do from our side or suggest to get this working, as it worked on your previous line without a Caller Display subscription, I would think that it would work on the Virgin Media line as well.

I'll check into this and get back to you as soon as I have more information for you.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes if you don't have caller ID it should log a missed call from an unknown / with-held number.

Have you tried another handset to see if the same problem occurs or not?

What happens when you ring 1471? Does it list the last call from an unknown / with-held number?

If it does same problem on another handset and 1472 lists nothing new call wise, there may be a problem with the line. A member of the Forum Team here would be able to look into that for you, one of them will respond to your topic in up to three days (usually less in the phone board.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Gaz2629
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's the same on all 3 handsets in the house, I dialled 1471 and it does say the last caller Unknown from yesterday
0 Kudos
Gaz2629
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1471 won't tell you if you had 3 or 4 missed calls so that feature is pretty useless
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Gaz2629 wrote:
1471 won't tell you if you had 3 or 4 missed calls so that feature is pretty useless

Yes, just the last number, but it was a good test to see if calls were being at least logged. Is there an option to reset the handsets to their defaults to see if that will get them working properly with the VM line?

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Gaz2629
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and there is no default settings for the handsets of base unit
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaz2629,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. This is an odd one that we can certainly look into further for you.

There are two parts we need to look at here. The first is the actual service available on your Virgin Media line--are all incoming calls registering on 1471 as unknown? For instance if you ring your landline now from your mobile, does 1471 register your call and your number? If you don't have your mobile set to block your number, your number should register here. 

If calls aren't registering correctly on your line when checking 1471 then this could be why the calls aren't registering on your handset, but if this checks out okay, then we need to look at your handset and see why it isn't acknowledging the calls. If this is the case, then please let me know what make/model of telephone you are using.

Please let me know how these checks go for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Gaz2629
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply,

just rang the landline phone from my mobile then checked 1471 and it as logged my number but it hasn't registered in my missed calls list 

The model number for the handset is Panasonic KX-TG8521E. The phones worked perfect when on sky I have rang Virgin and was told that calls will not be logged onto a missed calls list and that if I paid for caller display then all it would do is show who is ringing from the phones address book at the time of the call .

To be honest I did find that very odd and a complete waste of money 🤔

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gaz2629,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm looking into this for you to see if there's anything we can do from our side or suggest to get this working, as it worked on your previous line without a Caller Display subscription, I would think that it would work on the Virgin Media line as well.

I'll check into this and get back to you as soon as I have more information for you.

Many thanks,