Menu
suepin
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Caller id on a landline?

How do I get caller id on my landline? Do I have to pay for this service . I am desperate to block unwanted calls !

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller id on a landline?

HI both

To enable Caller Display on your line, we'd need to subscribe you to the service. You can do that by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin Media line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and asking for the feature to be addedMan Happy

You can also find some great information about the call features [here].

You also need to make sure your phone handset is compatible, old Caller Display phones and units (in particular pre-1999 sets) may not be able to receive Caller Display from a cable line. Check the box or user guide to see if the unit is dual network capable. Units that are dual network capable should work without any issues.

I hope this helps!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
ReadingIntoIt
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This a question I would like to know the answer to as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI both

To enable Caller Display on your line, we'd need to subscribe you to the service. You can do that by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin Media line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and asking for the feature to be addedMan Happy

You can also find some great information about the call features [here].

You also need to make sure your phone handset is compatible, old Caller Display phones and units (in particular pre-1999 sets) may not be able to receive Caller Display from a cable line. Check the box or user guide to see if the unit is dual network capable. Units that are dual network capable should work without any issues.

I hope this helps!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

NealE64
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How much is caller ID?

Virgin's website is very unclear!

How much for options?How much for options?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You will find them in the latest call tariffs PDF's (at the bottom of the linked page):

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare.html

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
NealE64
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is no PDF there
0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In response to Craig's advice about ensuring the suitability of your phone for using caller display......A couple of months ago I embarked on the (so far still unsuccessful) mission to get caller display working with my Virgin line. Having switched from BT where my phones worked perfectly, with Virgin, caller display refused to function. Armed with the advice posted by Craig (which comes from Virgin's website) I inspected the packaging of every new DECT phone in Currys and John Lewis (basically it's the BT brand or Panasonic these days) and I could find no reference whatsoever to this "dual network capable" business. There was nothing on Panasonic's website either. Reasoning that my chances of success would probably be higher with Panasonic (if only because it's not BT) I coughed up for a 4 pack of the latest model. I'm sorry to say it made no difference whatsoever. Here's the truth. Caller display may or may not work on a Virgin line, it entirely depends on the hardware installed in your area. I would suggest you proceed in this order.
1. Make sure you have asked for caller display - it costs an extra £2.25 per month
2. Make sure it has actually been enabled for your line - this may take a while
3. Try it out with the phones you already own - bearing in mind how old they are
4. If caller display doesn't work buy or borrow a single up to date phone to test your line
5. On no acount do what I did and shell out to re-equip the whole house only to find caller display is never going to work now matter what phone you have.
6. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NealE64 wrote:
There is no PDF there

Link to PDF highlightedLink to PDF highlighted

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos