Menu
Caniblett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Caller has cleared

Since switching to Virgin phone we keep finding "caller has cleared" messages on our answerphone. They can go on for ages. Looking at the boards this seems to be a common issue - how do we fix it? We NEVER had this problem with our old provider.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller has cleared

Hi Caniblett

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing at the moment.

Do you have any other phone sockets in your home? If so, do you have any other devices plugged into them? Do you have an active answer phone built into your current handset at all?

From looking at your account I can see that action has been planned for us to take a closer look at this too, which is excellent news. I'd love to hear how that goes.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Caniblett

Apologies again for the problems with your service, I'm just checking in to see how the appointment you've had recently went?

I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Caniblett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The engineer advised there is a dodgy connection in our newly installed cable that is causing crackling and will get that fixed. He was unable to help on the caller has cleared issue other than to speculate that if the cable is earthing out that may be preventing the call from disconnecting properly and thus giving rise to the interminable message. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Caniblett,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue with your telephone line.

Did the technician advise when he would be able to fix the noisy line? Yes that's more than likely what is causing the 'caller has cleared' message but hopefully this can be fixed for you soon.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Gump43
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just joined Virgin and have the same problem. My phone is aPanasonic DECT phone with.abuilt in answerphone which worked perfectly well with Talktalk. I have called my phone several times from my mobile and each time I leave a message I get a prerecord emessage that the caller has cleared which appears to come from Virgin. Pressing the end call button on the handset ends the call. For some reason the call is not automatically ended on the phone or at Virgins end. My son has a similar Panasonic phone which works on his Virgin line.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gump43,

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue with your telephone line.

Can I just check whether you can hear any noise or interference while making or receiving calls?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Gump43
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is no noise on the line. Calls are perfectly clear. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gump43

Thanks for getting back to us, due to the ongoing problems you're experiencing I'd like to escalate this to a member of the team in your area, to come and take a closer look if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos