Menu
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Caller display cost?

Do Virgin charge for Caller Display / Caller ID activation? If so, why and how much?

How do I activate it?

Thanks in anticipation of any helpful advice.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller display cost?

Gobmeister wrote:

Shelke wrote:

Yes, the cost was £2.25 a month last I read. To get it added pop in a quick call to 150 from your landline -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 1.

£2.25 a month? Where did you read that? Seems like a bit of a liberty to charge for it at all if you ask me. I'm given to understand that plenty of other providers don't charge extra for Caller ID / display

From here: http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/011116_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf (page 2) its been £2.25 a month for most landline features for many years now. You can bundle up and have multiple landline features for £3.90 a month too.

There are still companies that charge for caller display like VM, BT, etc, take BT for example, link: http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657 it's only free for 12 months on a new contract then but £1.75 a month after the 12 months and £1.75 in all other circumstances.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Gobmeister wrote:

Do Virgin charge for Caller Display / Caller ID activation? If so, why and how much?

How do I activate it?

Thanks in anticipation of any helpful advice.

Yes, the cost was £2.25 a month last I read. To get it added pop in a quick call to 150 from your landline -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 1.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

£2.25 a month? Where did you read that? Seems like a bit of a liberty to charge for it at all if you ask me. I'm given to understand that plenty of other providers don't charge extra for Caller ID / display

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gobmeister wrote:

Shelke wrote:

From here: http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/011116_Everyday_Call_Charges_V1.pdf (page 2) its been £2.25 a month for most landline features for many years now. You can bundle up and have multiple landline features for £3.90 a month too.

There are still companies that charge for caller display like VM, BT, etc, take BT for example, link: http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657 it's only free for 12 months on a new contract then but £1.75 a month after the 12 months and £1.75 in all other circumstances.

- - - - - -
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to source the info Shelke. Have a good week.
0 Kudos