Menu
teknofobe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID

How long does it take for caller id to become active after calling virgin and requesting the service to be switched on, or is my phone not compatible ?

0 Kudos
Phil76012
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID

Depends. Maximum is 24 hours but could be as 1 hour. Best thing to do is keep ringing until it shows up.

By the way are you paying for yours?
0 Kudos
teknofobe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i did call again as the service was not working. I asked at first for my voicemail to be switched off and caller id to be enabled, when i rang back the operator said that my voicemail had been activated and they had no record of me asking for caller id. I was amazed that they had got both things wrong in such a short time. To cap it all, after finally getting them to remove voicemail, I was told to ring back in 48 hours to continue caller id activation. I told them i was extremely unhappy and i wished to speak to a superior, they said somebody would ring back in half an hour, that was a number of hours ago.

sort yourselves out virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi teknofobe

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing with your service at the moment, it's certainly not something we want you to experience. 

I've located your account and can see that you've spoken to our team since your last post and that the Caller Display service has been added. 

I hope things are working as they should for you? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos