Menu
MolyFam
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID

How do set up, or activate, caller id on my landline phone, please?

My phone is a Binatone Speakeasy Combo 3865 Triple and can accept Caller ID.

I would prefer not to phone up to have it set up because I am partially deaf and find it difficult to use phones sometimes. I also do not like going through third parties for obvious reasons.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller ID

Hi MolyFam

Unfortunately the best way to add these features is to give us a call so we can clear security with you. We regularly deal with customers using a text relay service if that's something you're familiar with? 

You can contact the team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other. Alternatively, you can visit our [Contact Us] page, select the 'Buying or Upgrading' option and then you'll see an option appear on the right for 'Chat Online'. If there's someone available to speak with a window will appear where you can arrange for this to be sorted that way.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI MolyFam

Called ID doesn't block calls, it just displays the number that is calling on your line providing as you have mentioned, your landline has the Caller ID functionality built into it.

To block calls you need to add Call Barring to your line. This is something our teams can add for you.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Keep us posted on how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID is an optional extra on Virgin, so you will need to contact them to subscribe to it. The cost is £2.25 a month.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
MolyFam
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can I contact them, please? I am partially deaf.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi MolyFam

Unfortunately the best way to add these features is to give us a call so we can clear security with you. We regularly deal with customers using a text relay service if that's something you're familiar with? 

You can contact the team on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other. Alternatively, you can visit our [Contact Us] page, select the 'Buying or Upgrading' option and then you'll see an option appear on the right for 'Chat Online'. If there's someone available to speak with a window will appear where you can arrange for this to be sorted that way.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MolyFam
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now I have this installed, where can I find instructions on how to use it, please?

I have been getting annoying calls from 07183 numbers and I want to block them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI MolyFam

Called ID doesn't block calls, it just displays the number that is calling on your line providing as you have mentioned, your landline has the Caller ID functionality built into it.

To block calls you need to add Call Barring to your line. This is something our teams can add for you.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MolyFam
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have call barring, I just do not how to use it,

Karen_A wrote:

HI MolyFam

I have call barring, I just do not know how to use it.

0 Kudos