Menu
babbafutt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID still not working....

I recently opened a new account with VM after a short break of a year.

I decided to pay the extra £2.25 a month to have caller ID which will enable my call screening phone to work and kill sales calls for me.

I've been successfully using the broadband and the telephone line now works after an engineer visit at the beginning of March (about 20 days into new contract).

The caller ID still doesn;t work after numerous attempts of fixing it via phoning VM.

The last call I was passed around 3 departments until I finally found a guy who said he couldn't help but would have somebody contact me.

That was 2 weeks ago now and I've heard nothing.

Now that I've finally been granted access to view my account online I can see the phone number is wrong on my account.

This is probably why caller ID isn't working, has it been applied to the wrong line?

I'd like to keep the phone number I currently have as I've had stationary printed.

Ideally, I'd like the caller ID I'm paying for to work and the correct phone number to be assigned to my account.

Are VM capable of straightening this quite straight forward problem out?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID still not working....

Hi babbfutt

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your Caller ID service recently, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end and I can see that action has been planned for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, later on this week.

We'd love to hear how that goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
babbafutt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Craig,

I did eventually communicate with somebody via the online chat service. I can thoroughly recommend this to anybody with a problem.

I've had some bad experiences with phone staff cutting the call in the middle and promising to get somebody to get in touch which they never do. You can never be sure they even write notes on your account to prove you've actually called!

The online chat conversation can be saved for future reference so is harder for VM to 'lose' your problem details. It is however always very busy and hard to get a chat window open.

Back to business, I had an engineer booked for today (Saturday 1st April) that was supposed to be here between 12:00 and 16:00. 

I've been in all day and am still waiting to hear something. Is the engineer still be likely to turn up now that it is 18:45?

I really think this is all so unnecessary.

The phone I have is working fine I just have the wrong number assigned account wise as shown on my bill.

Why not just change the phone number associated with my account to the working one and put caller ID on the line as I require and have paid 2 months charges for? 

Why does this require an engineer visit (that doesn't turn up)?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi babbafutt

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry again for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing. 

The team would have only organised for an appointment if a physical fault is identified or all other options have been checked, looking into this in more detail I can see the engineer was organised for a suspected cross line issue.

When you dial your mobile number from your home phone, what number do you see? If you could send me a private message with that information so we can keep it secure that would be great. You can do that by clicking on my profile and clicking the 'Send me a message' button on the right hand side. I'll check that against the number we've got on our end for you.

As for the appointment, did anyone get in touch? I can see the engineers ticket has been closed from our end so let me know if I need to re-escalate this issue ASAP for you.

Look forward to hearing from you

raig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos