Menu
barryallan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID still not working!

I had problems with my landline in that I was unable to make or receive calls. A technician managed to sort it out remotely. Unfortunately the caller ID was wiped off at the same time. 

I have made 2 calls to Virgin since and the call centre colleagues have tried to rectify it and believed that they had.

Guess what? It still doesn't work. What happens now? Do I need a technician to come to my home?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller ID still not working!

Hi barryallan,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Caller Display isn't working for you right now.  I have taken a look at this for you and I can see that this feature is in error. I have made a correction and it should be fixed now for you.

Can you please re-test and let me know if this is now working?  Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi barryallan,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Caller Display isn't working for you right now.  I have taken a look at this for you and I can see that this feature is in error. I have made a correction and it should be fixed now for you.

Can you please re-test and let me know if this is now working?  Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

barryallan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette.

Well done on solving this for me. Not a big deal in life but I do like to know who is calling me so I can be selective.

Barry

👍🏼👍🏼😀😀
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barry

Collette's not in at the moment but I wanted to check in to thank you for taking the time to let us know that this has been sortedMan Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gozzas
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My BT4500 is new but the Caller ID is not being displayed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Gozzas

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your Caller Display service at the moment.

Unfortunately I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, so that I can do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Woody171
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I have purchased the newer version of the phone system (BT8600) but I'm having problems also that the phone doesnt appear to be recognizing the caller ID. I have had caller ID with virgin for about 2 years and it works ok on my old panasonic phone, but not this new one. I have returned one phone system to Argos and just set up the new one and its the same problem. Contacts and allowed numbers are still being screened and I dont get the option to block calls when i answer. Does anyone have any tips or help ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Woody171,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have been able to locate your account and corrected a setting with the caller display so could you please check it again for me and let me know if it's now working.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

Woody171
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose, thanks for the help, but there is no change its still not working. I have done a reset of handset and base station and done the set up process again and put my mobile number as an allowed number but its still screening the call.The call log also reads as "no number" called. 

Hope you can help me further.

Regards

Woody171

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Woody171,

Thanks for the response!

I've asked one of our team to give you a call so he can run some tests with you. Hopefully this will resolve the issue but If it doesn't, give me a shout and I'll investigate further.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh