Menu
Littlevicky464
Joining in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID not working

we recently bought the BT8500 Advanced Cell Blocker dual phone and answer machine set.

the instructions said you needed caller ID for full functionality so I called Customer Services and checked if would work was told so I had it added. That was 2 days ago.

i have tried calling my home number from my mobile and it does not show the number. Has anybody got any suggestions?

many thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID not working

Littlevicky464 wrote:

we recently bought the BT8500 Advanced Cell Blocker dual phone and answer machine set.

the instructions said you needed caller ID for full functionality so I called Customer Services and checked if would work was told so I had it added. That was 2 days ago.

i have tried calling my home number from my mobile and it does not show the number. Has anybody got any suggestions?

many thanks

I'm not familiar with the range of compatibility for the various BT phones. Besides that, an engineer appointment may be needed. The thing about caller ID is that it sometimes needs a stronger signal to work - so work is sometimes needed to be done to the D-Side (distribution side) in a cabinet to get it working for a customer.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

there are many reviews on amazon saying that bt8500 works fine with VM.

surely all caller ID phones work to a standard spec, and should be compatible, especially as VM do not sell or rent landline handsets, but do offer a caller ID service.

so I'd argue the onus is on VM to test and warn of any incompatibilities.

I use caller ID with panasonic handsets & have had about 3 generations of different panasonic dect phones, all worked OK

but it's no fun to be pig in the middle if VM and BT are each going to blame the other.

you should be able to call in & get VM to test the caller ID service for you

if all else fails there is always RTFM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Use the silver button top left on the home-phone- handset with a green book icon on it, to add your mobile phone information

to the calls list menu and save, then use the mobile phone to phone the home phone and see if the home phone lists the

caller ID on-screen, if not then the mobile phone is set not to give it's ID or caller ID is not switched on by Virgin for the

home-phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hey Littlevicky464

Welcome to the community, I hope you were able to get this issue resolved in the end? Man Happy

If not, let me know and I'll what I can from our end for you to help eliminate to possible issues.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Littlevicky464
Joining in
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig 

still no luck with the caller ID. I called in and was told it had been added but still not working although they simply read a nite from. My original call so not sure if they knew what they were doing.

the regular numbers which call herehave been added to the phones approved caller list but do. It show when they rung

thNk you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Littlevicky464,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have carried out some checks and have made an adjustment.  All should be working ok now for you.  If you can please let me know if this is now working?

I'm here to help, keep me posted.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Littlevicky464
Joining in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

sorry just seen your message. 

Just called led from my mobile and it appears to be working now.

many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Littlevicky464,

It's great to hear that your Caller Display feature is now working for you.

you know where to find us if you have any further queries.

Hope you had a nice week end. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DaveTheBroom
Joining in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same problem with my BT8500. Any chance you could look into this for me as well. Thanks.
0 Kudos