Menu
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID Stopped Working

Has anyone else had an issue with the caller ID suddenly stop working? I have called VM but all they have told me is that it is switched on and working fine. I have even bought a new handset thinking it was a fault on my end but the new handset is not displaying the ID either. The only thing that shows is "incoming call"! When I try to check the last caller number, the phone states I must be connected to a caller ID service...what is going on here?
...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID Stopped Working

Hey lil-Squabbit

Nice to see you, we spoke before. Wish it was under more pleasant circumstances but it is what it is.

Since you've already done the "jumping through hoops" ting, Il escalate your post for staff to get a look at.

Darrengoreham
Just joined
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to I activate caller ID, I keep seeing a link to subscribe but it doesn't take me anywhere but virgin media home page?
0 Kudos
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

just give VM a call on 150 and they will sort it for you.
...........................................................................................................
0 Kudos
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I guess there are not many support staff working these mean streets Smiley Sad

In the meantime, the services I pay for do not work, the spamming telesales monkies continue to get a free pass at my phone line...sighhhhhhhh why oh why do we even bother?
0 Kudos
Lil-Squabbit
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh and now, in addition to the caller ID not working, we are seeing an error on the phone saying please check line connection. The phone cord in brand new as we replaced the phone yesterday thinking it was us causing the errors... damned VM 😒
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It will  not be picked up till Monday at the earliest. Technically NO support staff work these mean streets at the weekend....

0 Kudos
Julesmcn
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mines has stopped suddenly working also Virgin says ok their side I don't think so!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lil-Squabbit

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos