Menu
Zathrass
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID Not displaying international numbers?!?

Hi

Does Virgin Media caller ID not display international numbers? I have tried to find out though various methods with no luck.

I have a Panasonic KX-TGJ320E just bought 2 months ago and it displays UK numbers fine but not international, although on my mothers line (BT) it displays international numbers 99.9% of the time. It is troublesome as I have to block all numbers except the ones in my phone-book and I miss friends and relatives calls from abroad.

Is this a problem with my line or a Virgin Media problem not being able to display international numbers?

Thank you for any help you can give.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller ID Not displaying international numbers?!?

Hello Zathrass,

I'd like to welcome you to the community Smiley Happy

Yes our caller display feature is only designed to work for UK numbers, we can't guarantee it works for numbers abroad. Instead you may see messages such as 'unavailable international number' or 'external call out of area'. Telephone numbers can sometimes become lost through international exchanges so as long as you're receiving numbers within the UK then the feature is working how it should.

I hope this helps, any further queries let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Zathrass,

I'd like to welcome you to the community Smiley Happy

Yes our caller display feature is only designed to work for UK numbers, we can't guarantee it works for numbers abroad. Instead you may see messages such as 'unavailable international number' or 'external call out of area'. Telephone numbers can sometimes become lost through international exchanges so as long as you're receiving numbers within the UK then the feature is working how it should.

I hope this helps, any further queries let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

seekin
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

This issue is more than an inconvenience. Pretty much all mobile safety devices e.g. trackers for dementia patients use roaming SIMs and then use the CLI to identify the user. So it is required in a modern telecomms system. B.T.W. international numbers do not get 'lost' in international exchanges, indeed do not go through international exchanges if used in the UK. International C7 signalling used in call setup and control does have these problems or the call would not be setup in the 1st place.

Could you please let me know when Virgin is going to address this issue and provide the same level of service as BT.

0 Kudos