Menu
the_stains
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Caller Display

I have recently requested that "Caller Display" be enabled on my account and received the response from Virgin Media support that it had. My Panasonic KX-TG6811E handset, with caller filtering, continued to tell me that I needed to subscribe to "Caller ID" in order that caller filtering be enabled.

I left the problem for few days until I phoned Virgin Media again to query why "Caller Display" was not working and received the reply that it had indeed been enabled on my account over 10 days earlier. I was transferred to their 'technical' people who also confirmed "Caller Display" was enabled and that maybe I should try my 'spare' handset to test the line.

I don't have access to other handsets that detect "Caller Display" or have access to phone lines where "Caller Display" is working in order that I test my Panasonic handset. The Panasonic help was no use whatsoever and as I was unable to confirm whether my handset would ever detect "Caller Display" despite the manufacturer claims, I purchased a new set of phones.

I now have a BT8610 Premium Nuisance Call Blocker with it's BT Call Guardian, sold with the promise that it will "Block up to 100% of nuisance calls" provided that "Caller Display" is activided by my network provider. With little confidence that it would work straight away (a cynical outlook on life after 30 years of working in the IT sector) I was indeed rewarded with this phone also being unable to detect any "Caller Display".

Before I phone Virgin Media support again and spend another wait in a queue, does anyone have any ideas. My Virgin phone line has been in use for around 20 years from when it was installed in the Telewest days and has worked continuously. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller Display

Hi the_stains

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and we're not detecting any errors with the line, as a result I'd like to escalate this to our back office team to be investigated.

When there's an update available, a member of the team will be in touch on the contact number you've got on your account, so I'd like to double check that with you, I've sent you a private message to confirm.

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Peter

I've just spoken to the team and they've been able to process your request right away!

Give it 24 gous and I've been assured that your caller display service will work as it should.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi the_stains

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this and we're not detecting any errors with the line, as a result I'd like to escalate this to our back office team to be investigated.

When there's an update available, a member of the team will be in touch on the contact number you've got on your account, so I'd like to double check that with you, I've sent you a private message to confirm.

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Peter

I've just spoken to the team and they've been able to process your request right away!

Give it 24 gous and I've been assured that your caller display service will work as it should.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

the_stains
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Craig. I'll keep an eye on it.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos