Menu
GarethR
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Caller Display stopped working

Hi,

We have had Caller Display for a long time now - sometime last week it has stopped working, calls just show as "Incoming Call".  This has happened once before and someone was able to prod something on the system to get it re-activated.  Can this be done via this forum or do I need to phone up to report it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller Display stopped working

Hello GarethR,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I have located your account and this feature is active so there's not much more I can do from this side unfortunately. Providing you have tested your equipment I'm going to need to arrange for a technician to visit your property so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GarethR
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rose, I have replied to the private message.  Not sure how I can "test my equipment" - the phone is just not displaying the incoming number, but I don't have another phone with caller ID that I can plug in to check.  The last time this happened (a few years ago now I think), someone just de-activated and re-activated the service and it started working again.  Wouldn't want to waste a technician slot if it can be fixed from your end, but naturally I'll go along with whatever you think is best.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes by testing I just mean making sure your phone is working correctly as equipment can become faulty at any time but if you know it's working then that's fine. I have checked the live switch and this feature is active so the only thing to do next after testing the equipment is to book a technician so I'll just check the appointments and get back to you on private message.

Talk to you soon 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GarethR
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I've sent Rose a PM but just in case, can the engineer appointment for this (booked for this Friday 20/1) be CANCELLED please?  The problem seems to have resolved itself as of today.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GarethR,

Yes that's not a problem your appointment has been cancelled.

I'm glad to hear it's working now but please let me know if it does stop working again as we may need to re-book the technician.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos