Menu
raymartin01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call Blocking

Can anybody tell me if Call Blocking is available on VM? By that I mean the ability to reject calls from specified numbers - it is offered by BT.

I tried Live Chat but the bloke I spoke to didn't really understand what I meant and tried to sell me Call Barring!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Call Blocking

Hi raymartin01,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

Are you looking to block individual numbers or marketing calls?  If you are looking to block individual numbers then we don't have a call feature that will facilitate this, there is an Incoming Barring feature but this only bars all calls.  The best thing for this is to purchase a handset/device that allows you to control what calls are allowed through and which are not.  

If it relates to marketing calls, the above can help as well but we do have a feature called Anonymous Caller Reject that can help with this providing they are UK incoming calls.

Caller Display (If you don't already have it) will allow you to see who is calling and this can be a handy feature in combating unwanted calls. 

All our call features available can be found here: Calling Features.  If you wish to add any of these features, just give our team a call on 150 Free from your Virgin Landline or if you prefer to chat online you can do so via our Contact Us page.

Let me know how you get on, we're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi raymartin01,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

Are you looking to block individual numbers or marketing calls?  If you are looking to block individual numbers then we don't have a call feature that will facilitate this, there is an Incoming Barring feature but this only bars all calls.  The best thing for this is to purchase a handset/device that allows you to control what calls are allowed through and which are not.  

If it relates to marketing calls, the above can help as well but we do have a feature called Anonymous Caller Reject that can help with this providing they are UK incoming calls.

Caller Display (If you don't already have it) will allow you to see who is calling and this can be a handy feature in combating unwanted calls. 

All our call features available can be found here: Calling Features.  If you wish to add any of these features, just give our team a call on 150 Free from your Virgin Landline or if you prefer to chat online you can do so via our Contact Us page.

Let me know how you get on, we're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
raymartin01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for your comprehensive answer! I now realise that the answer to what I'm looking for lies in the phones themselves, rather than with the service provider. I need to buy myself a phone with the appropriate feature built-in.

Thanks again.

daviddd
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is a wholly inadequate, frustrating and unhelpful answer.

I have switched from Orange using a Nokia Lumia 925 and I was able to block all numbers individually.

The fact that you cannot do so with a Virgin pay-as-you-go sim card shows that Virgin does not take users' privacy and peace of mind seriously.

Of course I can download some app, but blocking a call source should be a basic function of customer service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daviddd

Collette was referring to our landline phone features, to ask about our mobile features I'd recommend posting in our mobile board, which you can view by clicking here.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos