Menu
BT19580801
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable not pulled

Had TV, Broadband and Phone installed on the 13th November. When the engineers turned up they found that the cable team hadn't pulled a cable. They contacted their boss and sat outside for an hour till he turned up. He arrived and found an old cable in my neighbours front garden and decided to use that as a temporary solution. He promised me that the correct cable would be installed in the next couple of days.

16 days later... No new cable. The phone line is faulty, crackling noise and can't make outgoing calls. The broadband is working at a greatly reduced speed. Had a phone engineer out 2 days ago (27th) and he tested the cable and confirmed it was at fault and someone would contact me the following day (28th), No one has called and when i contacted Virgin i was assured they were turning up today. No sign of anyone.

There's a date on my order page for an engineer visit... It's been there since i originally placed the order last month. Every day the date changes to that day. When i call Virgin i'm assured it's that day, just like the last time i called. 

What do you have to do to get someone to acknowledge that an engineer isn't coming today and actually get one sent and a proper cable fitted?? 

I've wasted enough time on the phone just getting nowhere as all they seem to be doing is reading that ever changing date from the order page.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable not pulled

Hi BT19580801,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn about what's happened.

I can see that you've spoken with the team since your post so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos