Menu
Diawldwl12
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

CPR Callblocker-Compatible??

Just had Vivid100 + Anytime phone.(Friday 17Feb)

There was a problem with incoming calls but this has been sorted quickly .All OK.

When we were on BT we had ACR and a CPR Callblocker in circuit. However when put in circuit (Phone2+Tel2) it does not seem to work now and stops incoming calls. 

Any ideas how this can be fixed?? Does Virgin support this type of device.??

Regards

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: CPR Callblocker-Compatible??

Have you paid for caller display?

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm afraid it's possible you may have problems. Certainly you need to make sure you're paying for caller display, but even if you are your CPR callblocker may not work. I am in the midst of a month long saga trying to get my caller display service to work, with yet another Virgin engineer visit scheduled for tomorrow. Basically for various reasons Virgin phone lines operate at a lower voltage than BT's network and since the callblocker also draws voltage it may not work AND caller display on your phone won't work either. A quick Google will show many people having issues with Virgin landlines and CPR devices. Or have a look at my post here "Caller display nightmare" for a link and some further information. Good luck.

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you paid for caller display?

0 Kudos
Diawldwl12
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb_66

No, thought it may have been included in Call Anytime package.

Couldn't find anything about it on Virgin site but as a Newbie I'm having slight difficulty in navigating my way around the site. Will call them sometime.

No doubt will get better.!!

Regards

PS Must say I'm very impressed with the 100Vivid speed, BT were struggling to get 12Mb and couldn't do fibre here anyway. And have just had a price hike.!! So bye-bye.!!

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm afraid it's possible you may have problems. Certainly you need to make sure you're paying for caller display, but even if you are your CPR callblocker may not work. I am in the midst of a month long saga trying to get my caller display service to work, with yet another Virgin engineer visit scheduled for tomorrow. Basically for various reasons Virgin phone lines operate at a lower voltage than BT's network and since the callblocker also draws voltage it may not work AND caller display on your phone won't work either. A quick Google will show many people having issues with Virgin landlines and CPR devices. Or have a look at my post here "Caller display nightmare" for a link and some further information. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Diawldwl12
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Braby

Thanks for that, looks as if I have a battle on my hands.!! Your previous posts and the older ones from CPR in Swansea are very informative. Will let you know how  progress.

Regards

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's possible you will be fine. Virgin Media (as Liberty Bell brand themselves in the UK - they're nothing to do with Richard Branson!) are just the latest incumbents of a mish-mash of phone systems originally installed by different cable companies around the country and working on different standards - unlike the BT network, now Open Reach which,works to the same engineering standards all over the country. I live in West London and the area was originally cabled by a Canadian company called Videotron, at some point they got swallowed up by NTL and there may have been another one or two takeovers I wasn't even aware of. Anyway what this means is that while my Virgin phone line may not work with a callblocker, or caller display (even though I'm paying for it) yours may just work as soon as you've added caller display to your package. There is no definitive answer to the question "will my call blocker work with a Virgin phone?" The answer is -it depends where you live. It would be nice if Virgin (as we will call them) would own up to this;I would never have switched from BT if I had known their phone service was so flaky.

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You may be fine. It depends on the standards being used on your bit of what is now Virgin's network. The honest answer to the question "will my call blocker work with a Virgin phone line?" is it depends where you live. I just wish Virgin (as Liberty Bell brand themselves in the UK) would be more upfront about this; if I'd known their phone service in my area was so flaky I'd never have switched from BT.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Braby wrote:

You may be fine. It depends on the standards being used on your bit of what is now Virgin's network. The honest answer to the question "will my call blocker work with a Virgin phone line?" is it depends where you live. I just wish Virgin (as Liberty Bell brand themselves in the UK) would be more upfront about this; if I'd known their phone service in my area was so flaky I'd never have switched from BT.

No incentive for virgin to be "upfront" then is there

0 Kudos
Braby
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Fair point! On the other endlessly hand sending out engineers who can't fix the problem only delays the inevitable.

0 Kudos
Diawldwl12
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you all know I have now had caller display added at £2.25pm and, everything works fine including the CPR Call Blocker.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions however.!!

0 Kudos