Menu
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

CPR Call Blocker

Having purchased a 202 CPR call blocker 10 months ago to get rid of those nuisance calls which I get up to 6 times per day my CPR call blocker suddenly stopped working. Virgin have a fault on the line and I waited 2 days for them to fix it once fixed I tried my CPR again still not working. I am an electrician and I tried everything to get this CPR working again. Tested the line I have 41 volts coming in to the master socket these units require 48 to 51 volts to work. This fault stopped my CPR call blocker from working it will not display the caller ID and when the line was fixed my call blocker has never worked since. But virgin don't care.

I spoke to Kevin at CPR call blocker who advised me, their service is excellent compared with virgin and I sent the CPR call blocker back just in case a few days later I receive a brand new CPR call blocker and it STILL DON'T WORK.

I take my CPR call blocker to my sisters on a BT line works perfectly same on SKY.

I complain to virgin and their attitude is disgraceful if your phone rings and you can dial out the line is fine and they don't look at 3rd party equipment that is their attitude.

I'm leaving and going to BT regardless of the broadband speeds I want to be able to block those nuisance calls and if a company with a turn over of billions is unable to correct their mistakes I'll take my business elsewhere.

They should be ashamed of their crap service for over £50 per month just for the phone line and BB no TV package included. As long as their taking the money they don't give a s*** because the 3rd party equipment don't work because they have made any money from it, it would be 100% different if they had supplied the call blocker Just how much xxxxxxxx money do they want to make.

I have proved beyond doubt that it is down to virgins line and they won't do anything about it, their attitude is disgraceful and I won't be staying with them.

The trouble is you get to speak to someone who hasn't a clue what they are talking about they just quote what they are TOLD to say even though they have no understanding of what the problem is let alone actually sort the problem out.

You wouldn't take your car in for a repair only to get it back and nothing works this is the same CPR working 10 months plus have a fault on the line virgin fix it and my CPR has never worked since but according to virgin who don't give a s*** the line is fine.

Everyone needs to complain to these people otherwise they just get away with ripping you off with half a service but your paying full price for.

Here is a link to CPR testing my old unit and it is 100% my old unit I know
https://vid.me/GWGz

Working perfectly but not on a virgin line.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: CPR Call Blocker

Hi crapservice1

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your call blocker lately.

It's not possible for us to raise or lower the voltage on the line,  which is why you've had trouble with this issue. I've dealt with situations similar to this in which CPR provided a device to work with the lower voltage, maybe that's something you could ask in order to get this working?

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've caused, I know you're frustrated but we do care about your service and if there was a button to press to get it all working again, I assure you I'd be pressing it right now.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply

I don't agree with you at all.

This is also my point are you a telephone engineer? have you worked installing phone lines? 

of cause you CAN increase or decrease the line voltage I've had this confirmed by a few telephone engineers (because I am an electrician) also Kevin at CPR call blocker WORKED for you lot and left also says you can increase the voltage you can phone him he can talk you through it then my problem will be fixed.

If that is the case explain why all other BT, SKY etc are 50v I have tested the voltage at my sisters house on BT and its 50v and for some strange reason my CPR call blocker works PERFECTLY but not at all on your 41v line it really isn't rocket science the difference in volt drop will not operate the CPR call blocker unit.

And it is you ie virgin that is causing me inconvenience I certainly have NOT caused any inconvenience to you other than this which again is down to you decreasing the voltage to my line.

If you cared liked you claim you wouldn't have people answering these questions who don't no what they are talking about and have a don't careless attitude.

Answer this no one seems to be able to.

CPR working perfectly for 10 months
CPR suddenly stops working
At the same time virgin have a mysterious line fault
Line fault fixed
CPR still not working
Send CPR back and receive a BRAND NEW UNIT
CPR still not working.

It is obvious to everyone except you virgin that it is down to the mysterious line fault, to me you decreased the line or caller ID line voltage and are unwilling to accept that this has caused it and are unwilling to increase the voltage.

There are pages and pages on here about the CPR call blocker how can you say you care it is happening to a lot of people hopefully other people will read this and see just how unhelpful you really are.

0 Kudos
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have found a cure for this CPR call blocker problem go to uswitch or similar and search for deals on just the phone line and change phone providers which is exactly what I have just done and its cheaper so you have lost a customer simply because you chose to do nothing by providing a service that isn't up to scratch and charging more for doing so. I'll explain that to you cause I know you won't get that at all all other providers deliver 50v to make 4ren on a phone line so you can use 4 ren1 telephone equipment, telephones, answer machines, cordless phones, fax machines and the CPR call blocker use 1ren if people only use 2 or 3 phones 41v is probably on the borderline to make them all work. 41v is not enough to make all these operate therefore you are not providing a 100% service the bare minimum the least amount you can get away with and you charge one of the dearest for this service and then don't do anything if 3rd party equipment don't work which is rubbish. 

Do virgin make ANY telephone equipment correct me if I am wrong but I don't think virgin do so absolutely everything you plug in is 3rd party.
No one is saying virgin must come out to my home address and fix my CPR call blocker UNIT what I am saying is to get an engineer out in the cab in the street and turn my voltage up to 50v what is the required voltage on a 4ren line.

Problem solved move phone providers keep the broadband I'm not complaining about the BB that is excellent but I'm sorry to say this phone service doesn't live up to the same as the BB service. This service is the other end of the scale 41v as apposed to everyone else on 50v whereas the BB is 200mb reliable and a great service and other are way behind next best being 76mb nearly 3 time less.

0 Kudos
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The plot thickens with these if you do move telephone lines you won't be able to keep your existing telephone number and I'll give you 1 guess as to the reason why you can't. virgin, yet again virgin do everything they can to deliver to WORST possible service they can.

virgin send the absolutely bare minimum voltage down your phone line so all the telephone equipment don't work you complain and you get "Does your phone ring in" "Yes it does" "Does your phone ring out" "Yes it does" "Your phone line is fine then attitude" so you decide to move to another provider and surprise surprise you CAN'T keep your existing phone number even though you have had it over 30 YEARS. No virgin shaft you every which way possible even though you have been a LOYAL customer for a few years your phone service is a DISGRACE and you should be ASHAMED of your pathetic childish behavior.

It is obvious provide a 100% PROPER service and you DON'T get complaints or in your case provide a CRAP, don't careless service exactly the service that you are providing and charge top money for and you will get complaints that is a guarantee unlike any guarantee you offer which is laughable.

You virgin need to take a long hard look at yourselves for delivering an absolutely disgraceful service and have the nerve to charge for it.

I have 3 phones and a call blocker plugged into my line and the 2 cordless phones don't ring when the call blocker is plugged in but according to you my line is fine WAKE UP your BS don't wash with me at all.

Final conclusion I am getting rid of my phone line altogether why because virgin won't release MY phone number which was originally a BT line then moved to SKY, but once virgin get it that's it your number is gone for good. WHY? Why are these c***s so greedy, why is it ok to keep your telephone number when you change providers but not when you change to virgin when you change to virgin from another provider that is fine virgin will gladly take the number BUT move from virgin oh no you can't have the number even though it has been linked to my house for 30 plus YEARS. There is NO excuse what so ever that warrants that NONE. I was told it was because the cable goes underground lol, lol, lol, lol more BS it is a CABLE it is what is delivered down the cable from the cab in the street the same cab SKY, BT and other providers use. Why are BT and others delivering 50v phone line instead of the bare bones 41v virgin deliver, all providers deliver a digital signal down the cable so I fail to see any argument with regards to it being a cable buried in the ground.

Its amazing if I was wrong on this there would be a lot of replies and lots of different opinions so I hope people that have read it understand virgin will tell you anything other than the truth, like the phone line is fine when it clearly isn't and won't do a thing to help you as far as they are concerned they are providing you a phone line that is all regardless if your phone equipment works or not. So don't waste your time phoning 150 for help you won't get any take matters in your own hands and change providers but be prepared to change telephone number at least your CPR call blocker will work. I will be closing my phone line account the letter is already in the post I refuse to keep pressing number after number to get through to someone and endure a 20 plus minutes wait to be disappointed when told if your phone rings and you can make calls your line is fine. Do you people at virgin think us customer wish to put up with that nonsense every time you have to phone 150? Today's technology and you phone up and get told that is really laughable but it isn't virgin are serious with their feeble excuse but so am I serious with everything I have said and it is all 100% TRUE.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your landline service and that you are leaving us because your call blocker isn't working on your Virgin Media landline. Apologies as well for the difficulties you've had when calling in to us.  Looking into this and your previous posts and notes on your account, I can see that it looks like a low voltage issue--has this been looked at by one of our telephone engineers? I can see that you had a visit a little over a month ago, but I'd like to arrange to have this investigated further for you, if you don't mind. Please let me know if this is something that I can arrange. I'd really like to see if we can get this sorted out for you.

Regarding your number port--did BT give you a reason why you couldn't port your number back to them? I've run checks on your line and verified that both your number and the number range is owned by BT, so should be able to port back. The only reason that a number port would be denied is if BT have upgraded their switches in the area, then the number may not be compatible any longer.

Please let me know if you would like for me to help further with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

Thank you for your reply.

No I haven't had an engineer come out and look into this, that was the purpose of the call I made to 150 on Saturday morning 1 October when I received a brand new call blocker unit. I tried to explain this to a lad in your call center who had the if your phone ring in and you can make calls your line is fine attitude and also we don't repair 3rd party equipment and when I ask to be transferred twice to a manager he told me that was not possible I would have to dial 150 again so I did to make 2 complaints 1 against him and the other about my call blocker.

Yes please do investigate and you are correct there was an engineer out not so long ago he change the line over and my call blocker didn't work so I thought it was faulty so I sent it back. 01 October was when I got the new unit this is how long it has been going on trying to find out exactly what the issue is causing the call blocker not to work and it is a low voltage issue.

I have also sent a letter in to cancel the phone line today but I am willing to stay providing this issue is fixed and thank you for verifying the low voltage issue.

BT said they couldn't transfer my existing phone number because of virgins technology that's all he said I don't think he knew the real reason he just said that they couldn't.

Regards Steve 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Steve. I will get an engineer out to investigate this for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting details to arrange the appointment. 

When a number port is requested, we run a check to see which provider owns the number and the number range. Your number shows that it's owned by BT, so you should be able to port this number back to BT unless their equipment at the switch has changed.

You can pick up the private message I'm sending you by clicking on the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I've checked the fault notes and can see that the engineer has made some adjustments in the cabinet for your telephone service. Has this fixed the problem you have been experiencing?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
crapservice1
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thats correct the engineer was excellent but my call blocker still didn't work and I phoned CPR up and was advised to reset the unit which I did and it still didn't work. I was going to send it back but I left it an hour or so and I went to my neighbors house and tested his line 50v and plugged the call blocker in and the unit came to life.

I then tried it in my phone line and it has been working since then but the voltage is now 37v and it is working which is confusing I can only presume that the caller ID voltage has been increased as it wasn't displaying the number at all.

I don't know what the engineer has done but my unit is working now I have tried to contact the engineer to let him know the unit is now working it could also have been the 50v line I tried it on could have reset the unit that part I'm just guessing.

Many thanks for getting involved and sorting this issue out for me. If there are any other issues I will get in touch with you I know you will do something to resolve it unlike to help line.

Thank again

Steve

0 Kudos