Menu
billstrachan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

CPR Call Blocker stopped working

Hi there. Had call blocker for a year working fine stopping nuisance calls. On December 30th I noticed that my dect phone had Check Phone Line Message and had no dial tone. Had my phone ckecked online and was OK and when I disconnected Call Blocker then Phone was OK.  Can you telI if  it is a Virgin problem or Call Blocker problem

Bill Strachan

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: CPR Call Blocker stopped working

Hi billctrachan

I'm sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your call blocker service at the moment. I've been able to run some tests on the line from our end for you and we're not detecting any issues right away. 

I've requested that a member of our back office team take a closer look at this for you and a member of the team will be in touch to let you know if we've found any issues. Could you respond to the private message I've sent with your most up to date contact number? So we can be sure to get hold of youMan Happy. You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi billctrachan

I'm sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your call blocker service at the moment. I've been able to run some tests on the line from our end for you and we're not detecting any issues right away. 

I've requested that a member of our back office team take a closer look at this for you and a member of the team will be in touch to let you know if we've found any issues. Could you respond to the private message I've sent with your most up to date contact number? So we can be sure to get hold of youMan Happy. You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, everyone, this is my first try, so apologies if I'm doing things the wrong way?

I, too, now have a problem with my phones, while my CPR CallBlocker is connected in-line. I have no dial tone on my Panasonic cordless phones, since connecting to my Virgin socket last Saturday.  Everything's fine when the CPR isn't connected, but not when it is. 

We enjoy having the services offered by the CPR Callblocker, and would like to be able to continue using it, if we can. Hope someone can get things workig for me, or point me in the right direction, please?

Regards,

Geoff.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Owdgoolie,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

We can check the line itself for you no problem, as you mentioned when the CPR Call Blocker is not connected you get a dial tone fine.  this would suggest the line is ok.  

Is this a seperate device you have connected to the line?  It may be a setting or configuration issue.  If this is the case it will be best to refer to the manual for that device to check this out.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on these devices will pop by and help out.  Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Colette, just to confirm that I'm still having an annoying problem regarding my CPR Callblocker. As we've started getting calls regarding a government boiler scheme again, we're unable to block them, I believe. The Callblocker was working fine for several years previously, with no problems, until now. Other Virgin customers also seem to have experienced similar problems, too, I see, but as yet I haven't found a solution. I did see one person suggesting that it was a voltage issue, perhaps?

I've activated Caller Reveal now, as the Callblocker requires this, and it seems to be working, but I still can't make calls with the Callblocker connected. To make a call, I have to disconnect the Callblocker. 

Also, when the Virgin engineer was connecting us to the Virgin phone line, he was muttering about some problem he was experiencing, but I've no idea what this was. This may not be relevant, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case. Would I have to pay to have an engineer check our physical connection, please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Owdgoolie

Sorry to hear about the continued problems you're experiencing, have you been able to contact CPR regarding the issues you're experiencing as the line's working when the unit isn't plugged in?

The unit normally needs a certain range of power to work properly and that range can be a little wider than the standard range of our phone lines, which can cause this issue. From looking at the line from our end we're not detecting any issues.

If you've fully tested the unit and you're still experiencing the issue, I'll request our back office teams take another look although as your line works without the device plugged in, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the line itself.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Owdgoolie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again, Craig. There's still a problem making outgoing calls with the CPR Callblocker connected. We get no dial tone at all with either of our Panasonic DECT phones, and our hard-wired phones only accept 7 digits before saying "the number you have dialled cannot be recognised". 

There's no problem with incoming calls. 

At our installation, I heard the engineer speaking, giving the impression that he'd experienced a problem, and would have to sort it later? We now have two incoming terminal boxes, one each from BT and Virgin, is this normal?

I'm unable to understand why a system which worked perfectly well for many years, won't work now? I can see that, as I can make and take calls when the Callblocker is not being used, everything appears OK when you check the lines, but something's not right, surely I can't be the only Virgin subscriber who uses a Callblocker?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Owdgoolie

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

It sounds as if the power needed to run the CPR device is causing the line to not have enough to operate normally, as when you've not got it plugged in things are looking fine.

Have you been able to contact CPR at all to ensure the device isn't requiring more power than it needs?

I've also sent you a private message with information regarding what we'd like to do to get this resolved as soon as possible. You can view that by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos