Menu
Burmesecatslave
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CALLER DISPLAY

Good morning. This is my first ever post so apologies if I've done things wrongly.

I subscribed to caller display 48 hours ago along with anonymous call rejection.

The agent advised me that it would be up and running within 24 hours. However, all that comes up on the phone screen is "external call".

We have a BT Sonus 4 handset system with answerphone and under our previous BT system we had caller display set up and each handset showed incoming call numbers.

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Burmesecatslave
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CALLER DISPLAY NOT WORKING

On Wednesday I added caller display & anon call blocker added to our phone system.

So far, caller display is not working.

We have a 3 year old BT Sonus 4 handset answerphone  set up. We had caller display working when we were BT customers.

All we get on the handsets is "external call".

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: CALLER DISPLAY NOT WORKING

My first idea would be to stop posting multiple threads for the same issue.  This doesn't get your issue addressed any quicker and just adds confusion.  I have merged your two threads into one.

The VM forum staff can take a few days to get to posts (up to a week) so your options are call in and report the issue if it is urgent or wait patiently for a reply here.

The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread it will bump you to the bottom of their list. For the quickest response, post once and they will get to you as soon as possible.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Burmesecatslave,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Caller Display feature and a warm welcome to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you so I will need to gain access to your account to be able to look into this further.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Burmesecatslave
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I apologize for sending a message twice....I didn't realize that the 1st one had been sent. This is my 1st time on any forum so I am a complete novice.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Burmesecatslave wrote:
I apologize for sending a message twice....I didn't realize that the 1st one had been sent. This is my 1st time on any forum so I am a complete novice.

No harm done and sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, we get a lot of impatient folks on here.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos