Menu
vBarrett
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buzzing and static on Landline

Hi

I finally got around to connecting up a phone to my virgin landline. It is unusable! The sweeping buzzing and static on the phone make it hard to hear anybody.

I've checked the line and it is fine, I know it is something to do with how I have plugged it in, does anybody have any clue how to stop this? Am I missing a piece of kit? The phone is plugged into the wall as the cable end doesn't fit the virgin box.

And the phone is compatible, I checked with Virgin before buying.

Any help really appreciated!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buzzing and static on Landline

Hello vBarrett,

Sorry to hear this is happening with your landline and I would like to welcome you to the community.

You said the phone is plugged into the wall, but is it plugged into a Virgin Media/Telewest socket? There may be other unusable sockets else where in the house so I just need to make sure it's one of ours.

I have been able to locate your account so I may need to book a technician out to get this fixed providing it's the right socket.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vBarrett
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rosie,

Thanks for getting back to me, line us definite it plugged into the Virgin socket, even tried using a filter thing supplied but didn't work.

i am trying to do everything to avoid the cost of an engineer!

Best wishes

Victoria,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for getting back to me. Not to worry, our fault technicians are free of charge so if it's okay with you I would like to send one out to get your line fixed. If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vBarrett
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The engineer came over a week ago, he said it was a problem with the exchange which would be fixed within the  week. As I said over ten days ago and the problem has not been fixed. Please can someone escalated this and take my phone line out of the 1950s I don't want to have to wait until 2050 to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance,

Victoria

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Victoria

I'm so sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your phone line,  I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I can see that there was an issue in your local area which has since been resolved, as you're still experiencing the issue I'd like to arrange for a senior member of the team to take another look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos