Menu
Alpha
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Booking telephone line connection appointment

After a few weeks waiting for a phone line connection i was texted a message on my mobile phone asking to contact VM to get my phone line connected.

I phoned them on my mobile and after 10 minutes got through to someone to make a booking but ran out of credit on the mobile (after I advised them it might do so if they keep asking pointless questions wasting time) they telephoned me back but only let the phone ring 3-4 times so I missed the call.

The VM website has no facility to book an engineer only to rescedule a current appointment.

Would an administrator here book an appointment and let me know when it will be via PM or direct reply in this thread.

thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking telephone line connection appointment

Hi Alpha

Thank you for taking the time to pop by with your post regarding he phone line connection

I've taken a look at this for you and we can support you here. I'm going to send a private message to you and if you could get back to me on this that would be brilliant. You can find that in the envelope next to your forum name. Hope to hear back from you soon and we can look at getting this connected as soon as we can together.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Alpha
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I replied to the PM you sent.

Who will connect the phone line outside my house back to the VM cables from SKY's cables

Its only two wires but someone needs to do this, is it going to be me ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alpha,

Got it thanks and I am getting back to you forthwith Smiley Happy

Let me know if there's anything else that you need, aside from what we're currently looking to resolve for you.

Speak soon

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Alpha
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps you can assist further as your telephone customer services cannot correct my new VM  billing.

Is there any reason why my first bill shows as £59.00.

Instead of £21.49 as per the contract I signed for BB and telephone package.

I'm beginning to regret rejoining VM again after a short hiatus from them.

Here's hoping

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alpha, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, whilst I can not discuss individual account issues, due to needing to pass security, I can give a brief explanation of the billing process. All bills are paid in advance for services, therefore your first bill will always be more. Charges would be from the point of activation up to when the first bill is made up, and one month in advance.

For example, I sign up to a deal which is £30 a month and get activated on 19/02/2016. However my first bill is made up on 19/03/2016. I'd expect this to be around about £60 plus any other activation charges. 

The reason for this would be

19/02/2016 - 19/03/2016 £30

20/03/2016 - 19/04/2016 £30

Your second bill should go to the price you agreed, however in your case the second bill may be part billed as you've yet to have the telephone side activated correctly. On your bill there will be a full explanation of the dates which are covered. 

I sure hope this helps a bit further for you. 

Many thanks 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alpha

Huw has asked me to take a look into this for you regarding the first months bill as he wanted me to check out the billing for you based on the current situation. He's done a fantastic job explaining the normal first bill situation to you above which is great!

With your installation being split, there has been an impact which I would like to explain further to you. I have also noted the account for you fully to support you as we are unable to deal with bill enquiries via the forums for security reasons.

I would like to see if I can support you a little more here and I'm going to send a private message to you so we can discuss this.

It would be fab if you could get back to me on this.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Alpha
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

PM sent with the details you requested.

Ok i understand a doubling up on the billing on the first months payment,                                                                                                                                  but I don't understand why the contract I signed and sent back to VM was changed due to VM being unable to supply a telephone line to my property because of lack of space in the sheet cabinet.

I am on a BB only tariff at a higher cost on a contract i did not sign or agree to, can this be explained to me from a legal point how VM are able to do this ?

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alpha

Thanks for getting back in touch.

From what I can see, the line is due to be connected this week and that will rectify the issues with the charges going forwards. The one that has been billed already for you has been looked at and support is being provided on this. I'll advise on what I can regarding this via the pm we have running.

Speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Alpha
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Appointment was made for 24/02/2016 for the telephone line to be connected.

VM kept to their standard I'm experiencing at present and nothing happened with my telephone line I'm still without one.

My billing is almost incomprehensible showing a credit of £67 now. ???

My contract was for £21.49 but because VM cannot provide a telephone line they put me on an unauthorized £33 contract for BB only, this plus other spurious charges that are unknown makes my first bill look like a 6 year old's attempt at Quantum physics.

I am in PM contact with 2 persons who are looking in to this mess but my confidence is fading fast as it looks like VM still cant hold it together when it comes to supplying a working comprehensible contract from the start for new customers.

I should have been notified that there was no telephone service avaliable at the point of contract, instead  was lied to even to the point of informing VM I dont want paper billing but have recieved a costly £1.75 paper bill.

I run a small business and if I applied Virgin medias customer service and billing structure I would be in court and out of business in a heart beat.

Lets hope it gets resolved soon or I out of here ............ again.

No lesson learnt it seems...........including me Smiley Sad

0 Kudos