Menu
selinus
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Book an engineer

Hi there, 

Why is it a trip around the world to book an engineer via virgins website for an existing customer. Your chat line seems also not work all the time. 

Why do you guys expect every one likes going through your call center.

Customer choices: email or a booking system which let me select the dates and submit the request.

I must admit you guys are only nice until the contract is signed, afterwards service is a pain.

Thanks,

Existing Customer, desperate to book an engineer for a landline which is broken.

selinus
Settling in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book an engineer

My landline does not work for months. I really need a quick visit to sort this. All other steps taking seems not to help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi selinus,

Apologies that you have no dial tone on your landline and have found it difficult to get in touch with us to report the fault.

When reporting a service issue, if you require an immediate response, please call in on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) so that we can respond quickly to your fault. 

If the below checks have already been done, I can schedule an engineer to call out to get this fixed for you.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the purple envelope at the top right of this page. 

Thank you,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nnmayer
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I empathise with selinus. This is my fourth day attempting to book an engineer. I've been across the Virgin website, delving into all sorts of nooks and crannies. I've seen all the pages that say I can book a engineer, but one of them say HOW. I've seen a video telling me I can book and engineer, but again not HOW.  I've seen the search result to a page that tells me how to reschedule or cancel an engineer visit, but no page on how to book one in the first place. Is this intended to be the world's best kept secret? Do we have to sign up to paranormal websites to find out that the site was abducted by aliens in 1957 and can only be accessed now by travelling to Area 51?

How on the God's flat earth, then, does one book a Virgin engineer????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

mlfw11039.jpg

As above

One calls in.

150 if outbound calls are working on your line. 0345 454 1111 from another line of they are not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there nnmayer,

Really sorry to hear that you've also experienced some trouble with this. Smiley Sad

I am, however, more than happy to help!

Does your fault also concern the landline? If so, have you completed the above checks mentioned by Terri_P?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

1fwlhyn.jpg

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos