Menu
Strawbsmum
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Being lied to by Customer Service

I am disgusted by the fact that Virgin Customer Services have just confirmed to me that a previous conversation I had, whereby I was offered (and accepted) a deal on international calls was all based on complete lies.

I have received a new online contract to sign which doesn't breakdown the prices so I rang to check I was going to be charged as I was told.  Apparently not!  I was told one thing - which was rubbish - then my account updated with something totally different.  Having looked at the forums for the first time it seems I am not alone in being lied to.

It was also very difficult to actually get to speak to someone when calling 150.  I have found the only way through to a person is to select the menu options for those wanting to leave Virgin!!

My query - should I have been sent an email following my original request to alter my contact and the offer which I accepted for my international calls??

0 Kudos
Strawbsmum
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being lied to by Customer Service

.....and also, I have no idea what I am being charged for "Internatinal Talk 5" and what it actually gives me!  Does anyone know?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Strawbsmum,

Really sorry to hear about the issues experienced. In no way do we want you to feel that you're being deceived.

I've sent you a private message, so that I can look into this further for you.

You can locate my message by clicking on the envelope icon, near the top right corner of the Community page.

You can find more information regarding call rates to international destinations online.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

more lies from Virmin Media

I think trading standards need to know about this

Strawbsmum
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My conversation has continued via private messages with VM.  I have yet to have any real answer - I will update this post once I know just what they are going to say/do about this situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Strawbsmum,

I have sent you some more information via private message and hopefully, all questions have now been answered.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J 

0 Kudos
Strawbsmum
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

...and it goes on..!!! 

I have just received my latest bill and it looked very odd to say the least.  I wont bore you with the details but basically it simply didn't add up.  I have just spent another hour on the phone to Customer Services!  The lady I spoke to was actually trying to be as helpful as possible but even she could not make head nor tail of my bill - hence just over an hour on the phone!! 

Following previous on line conversations credits and changes were made to my account but done so incorrectly and apparently no notes left as to what was done and why make it difficult for the next customer service person to decipher.  It amounts to more credit being owed to me and an admittance that I was being overcharged.

My advice is to check and double check your bill!!  If it doesn't make sense or is blatantly wrong, make a cup of tea, get some biscuits, take a deep breath and ring them to complain.  Do not be fobbed off - it will take a while but that's why you got the tea and biscuits ready!!!!!

I'm obviously off to Google Sky and BT deals...!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Strawbsmum,

I have responded to your private mail to discuss this in more detail, however, I can confirm that full notes were added to your account to explain the actions previously completed. These were also done correctly in reference to what I advised in my private mail to you.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

0 Kudos