Menu
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Bad service

What is happening to Virgin?

No landline since 10am 11/11/2016. Having to rely on people ringing my mobile number.,

Problems connecting to Virgin e-mail Engineers working the past 3 days attempting to improve the service.

Problems with Tivo. Box keeps resetting itself. This is a replacement tivo box about 2 months old and it is constantly BUFFERING.

Very disappointed. Must seriously think about changing service provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad service

Hi compuadd

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with your phone line, I'd really like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum details unfortunately.

So that I can take a closer look at this, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Telephone number **************

Problem repaired today. Water in underground junction box up the road, caused corrosion.

Tivo box approx. 2 months old and is constantly buffering. Running slower than a traction steam engine.

Engineers have finally upgraded Virgin Mail so that I can catch up on lost e-mails.

How much longer must I endure a bad service with Tivo?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi compuadd

Thanks for taking the time to let me know that the issue with your phone line has been resolved.

I'd recommend posting in our TV board so our community can help with any issues you're experiencing too.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience your services have been causing you, we're always looking to improve so thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You still have not resolved the slowness of the Tivo service. This is not a matter for the community, it's problem your engineers should be sorting. Software needs upgrading. I am not alone with this fault. I know several people who have complained about slow Tivo but they just get fobbed with fairy tales.

My son has just cancelled all his Virgin services (TV, telephone, broadband) with you, and he's been with Virgin for over 15 years, and I am thinking of joining him.

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Some one at Virgin suggested that I contact the forum to get answers to my problems. I can only think that out there somewhere a village is missing its idiot.

Mine are technical problems that can only be resolved by Virgin engineers. Example:- I lost my landline telephone. Outcome:- Water had seeped into Virgin box further up the road and had corroded the cables.New connections had to be fitted. Why was I told to ask the forum?

Example:- replacement Tivo box (another one) only two months old yet it is running slower than a steam traction engine. Only 2% of recording capacity is used yet it is constantly buffering when trying to play a recording. Having to re-boot system on a weekly basis. Told to go to the forum. Rubbish, this is a technical fault due to outdated software. Outcome. Now been told that Tivo is in the process of being updated to solve these problems. Why wasn't I told this in the first place. Does Virgin hope that I will give up and disappear? If I do go, I will be taking telephone/tv/broadband and 3 mobiles phones to another supplier.

I miss the wonderful customer service that I had with Telewest before Virgin bought them out.  Virgin Media no longer on my Christmas card list.  

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had a VILLAGE IDIOT reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Compuadd,

Thank you for your post, we do appreciate your patience.

The slow TiVo issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some progress we've been making. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix. Whilst I can understand a level of frustration you're feeling, it isn't something that we are not noticing. Once there has been more work carried out we'll  be able to update you further.

Please continue to visit us and take care.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
compuadd
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If I dump my terrible Tivo box, how much per month would I pay just for telephone and 50mb broadband.

Tivo getting worse.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey compuadd

You can find out about removing your TiVo service from your account by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other so we can clear security and talk to you in more detail.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos