Menu
Les1951
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

BT8600 and Call Guardian problem

Hi, I bought a BT8600 phone a short time ago and cannot seem to get Call Guardian to work.  We have CID set up and it displays numbers that call us with no problem.  However, NO calls are intercepted by Call Guardian at all. I have confirmed that it is set to ON.

Initially I had it set to International, and found that my mother-in-law in Australia gets through without being intercepted (not a problem as we get on very well!) but obviously International calls aren't being filtered.  Also calls from With held  numbers are not being stopped either.  This is really annoying as I told a chap with a strong Indian subcontinental accent who called saying that he was calling from Accident Helpline that he should contact the company that gave him our number as it is both XD and registered with TPS and he repeatedly kept telling me to F*** Off for about a minute before hanging up.

I have now tried changing the setting Guardian Mode to Custom to see if that will work.  Blocked is set to Block, Allowed is set to Allow, International is set to Announce, Withheld is set to Announce as is everything else.

Any ideas?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT8600 & Call Guardian problem

Hi Les1951,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that your Call Guardian isn't working on your line. As long as you have Caller Display activated on your line and follow the handset instructions, this should work.

If you would like for me to check your account to verify that the line settings are correct and no other barring feature is activated that may interfere with this, please let me know. I'll need to verify your details, so I'll send you a private message asking for more information. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos