Menu
Aclark75
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker Caller Display

Hi I have recently brought the BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker which blocks up to 100% nuisance calls. My daughters works perfectly (she is with Sky) at allowing calls from the allowed list to ring straight through and any other numbers go through the call guardian. After setting my phones up we noticed when a allowed contact rang they were put through to the call guardian. Which is extremely annoying to them and me. It appears I need Virgin to set up my caller ID. I'm concerned there maybe a monthly charge for this. When it is set up is there any point me have these phones or will it stop nuisance calls automatically? Can you help? 

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker Caller Display

Iv got this phone to (its great isn't it) their is a charge but speak to relations I managed to get caller ID & anonymous caller block Free.
0 Kudos
Aclark75
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your reply. The phone is brilliant. Can I check with you though if they did do caller ID and anonymous call block would that mean having these phones would then be pointless??
0 Kudos
brooksy79
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Those 2 features together do help even though the phone does most of the work if that makes any sense 😀

So there are three things you need to do:
1: You could also register on the TPS website, doing this makes it more legal. (Land line & mobiles)
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/mobile/index.html

2: Yes have caller ID & call blocker.
Caller ID: Displays number without this it would just say call or incoming call.

Anonymous call blocker: blocks numbers that hide the incoming number.

3: Have a BT Nuisance hand set 👍

For me by having these 3 my nuisance calls have stopped a lot now I just get 1-3 attempts a month and not loads every day.
It's still worth double checking who calls in the phones history just in case you want to allow any numbers
(Especially those Tech support numbers in which I love pranking 🤣)

0 Kudos