Menu
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

BT8500, phone.

I have purchased a BT cordless phone, but when connected to the land line there is no link, do I need an adapter? 
         I have been to my next door neighbor and it works ok there, but he is on BT, so is the phone not compatible with Virgin system?

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT8500, phone.

Hi billy-m,

Welcome to the community.  I'm sorry to hear that your handset isn't working in our Landline.  

I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have looked up the phone you have got and I can't see any reason you would need any kind of adaptor for it to work in our line.  

I have also carried out a line status check and all looks fine from here.  there maybe a fault still so I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. (Look out for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have a BT8500 phone which displays LINE CORD ERROR,

Hey billy-m,

I've merged your threads together, so that we can keep things all in one place Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Pete

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for linking my problem messages together, as you will realise I am new to this forum and trying to find my way around the different categories.
I to hope the problem can be resolved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi billy-m,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear the service is working again following the engineer visit.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

I have a BT8500 phone which displays LINE CORD ERROR,

Our regular phone works ok, so why doesnt the new one works, is the bt phone not compatable for use with virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT8500, phone.

Hi billy-m,

Welcome to the community.  I'm sorry to hear that your handset isn't working in our Landline.  

I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have looked up the phone you have got and I can't see any reason you would need any kind of adaptor for it to work in our line.  

I have also carried out a line status check and all looks fine from here.  there maybe a fault still so I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. (Look out for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hey billy-m

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment, I can see Collette has been able to respond to your other thread [here].

For the purpose of keeping everything in one place, respond to Collette's thread and we'll move forward from there, I'll request this thread is locked Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey billy-m,

I've merged your threads together, so that we can keep things all in one place Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Pete

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for linking my problem messages together, as you will realise I am new to this forum and trying to find my way around the different categories.
I to hope the problem can be resolved.

0 Kudos
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

The engineer has been out today as promised and the phone  is now connected, all we have to do now is get used to all the features that it has. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi billy-m,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear the service is working again following the engineer visit.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

We have set-up the phone with pin number and date, contact list with numbers to be allowed [ which have been saved ] but we are unable to set up a caller display service, telling us which number is trying to call. Each number is always going through the BT call guardian & is coming up as no number, when we know its a number on our contact list. Please could you advise. thank you. 

0 Kudos
billy-m
Tuning in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

After a lot information gathering our new phone is now working as it should. If anyone should wish to have one of these phones installed is contact Virgin, you may need the engineer to fit some extra bits to the cable. Add all your contacts, then contact Virgin again to add the screen display onto the phone, otherwise all the calls go through the BT guardian, and not recognised as friendly calls, I hope this will help anyone who gets this type of phone. Plus the help by the forum team is invaluable, thanks to you all.