Menu
karenpalin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT8500 call blocker phone

I have just bought the BT8500 call blocker phones.  I have spoken with Virgin Media twice to get caller display set up.  I am advised that it is set up, but caller display is still not showing on my phones.  I have numbers set up in my address book, who should be allowed to call me, but they are not showing on caller display, and they are still screened before they can speak to me.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT8500 call blocker phone

Hi karenpalin

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with caller display at the moment. 

I'd like to test the line from our end, just in case we're detecting issues with the call feature which could cause this problem. To allow me to do this, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Also, do you have an alternate compatible handset to test if the feature works for you that way? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi karenpalin

Thanks for getting back to me, I've been able to run some tests on the line from our end and we're not detecting any problems at the moment. 

Is there anything you need to do to set the handset up perhaps? Was the last handset you were using compatible with caller display? If so, could you give that a go?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
karenpalin
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig - I tried my old phone which is a BT Decor 1200 and caller display did not work on this either.  I telephoned Virgin again, and was told all should be working find.  I was also told that I would have to turn caller display on in the settings of my phone.  Neither of my BT phones have a feature where this can be turned on.  I telephoned the BT help line and was told that the phone does not need to have caller display setting turned on, as such a feature does not exist on the BT8500.  It is automatic that caller display should work on the BT8500, and can only be turned on by my provider, which is yourselves.  The person I spoke to at Virgin had also never heard of the make BT for a telephone, he said he had heard of panasonic.  Can you please tell me whether the BT8500 telephones are compatible with the Virgin Media telephone network?  Surely this feature should work.  I am paying for it now, and getting no benefit.  Look forward to your reply.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been using the BT8500 with caller ID switched on by Virgin on a Virgin media phone line, for months now and it seems to work OK

Remember that callers can withhold their number when they phone you. 

You can check your calls list by pressing the black right side top button just under the screen on the handset.

The BT8500 is guaranteed for a year, so if you've recently purchased one and you think it faulty, you can have it repaired or replaced by your supplier free of charge.

0 Kudos
karenpalin
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your comment.  At least I know it should work then.  The thing is I also tried another phone with a display, and caller display did not work on that either.  My next step will be to try my new phones at my sisters house. She has the same phones but on a BT line and hers work fine. 

0 Kudos