Menu
Angie500
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT8500 Call Blocker

I have a BT 8500 Call Blocker. In order to receive calls from my family abroad I have made their numbers VIPs and allowed them to come through. But the phone still blocks those numbers. BT won't help because I am with Virgin, even though the phone is a BT product. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT8500 Call Blocker

Hey Angie500

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm not sure if you're calling the BT landline support but there's a separate product helpline and the phone number is on the manual, they should be able to help as you've purchased a product of theirs Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie500

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone handset at the moment.

Do you have another handset available to test this? As if you're still not able to receive those calls with an alternate handset then we'll take a good look at the line. Chances are it;s the handset causing the calls to be blocked, in which case there's not much we're able to assist with unfortunately.

I've sent you a private message requesting some information just in case we do need to take a look, you can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Angie500
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I might not have explained the problem clear enough. The problem is not the telephone line but the BT 8500 call blocker unit. When I switch off the call blocker, all calls come through. No problem. But when I switch it on again, it works OK for calls from this country but I have family abroad and their calls get blocked even though, they are in my phone book and I have given them VIP status (which is meant to let them through). So I was hoping that someone in the community also has a 8500 call blocker with similar problems who could tell me how to overcome these. BT won't help, even though it is their equipment.

Kind regards

Angie500

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angie500

Thanks for getting back to me and for the clarification.

I've had a quick scan online and found the manual to the handset [here]. It's got some good information about international call blocking so give that a scanMan Happy

Alternatively, there's a contact number for BT product assistance on the manual.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
Angie500
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your message. I do have a manual and will have another look to see if I can solve the problem. BT won't help because I am with Virgin, even though the product is made by BT. 

Thanks again.

Angie500

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Angie500

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm not sure if you're calling the BT landline support but there's a separate product helpline and the phone number is on the manual, they should be able to help as you've purchased a product of theirs Man Happy

Take care

Craig