Menu
wendy_mcgill
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BT handset not working on virgin phone line

My BT handset was working on the virgin phone line until I had a visit by a virgin engineer to check that the phone line and broadband service were activated.  Shortly after the phone line went dead.  

Apparently it is not the line it is the BT handset which is no longer compatible.  I now can only use a very old simple handset which has no answer phone/phonebook facility.   Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT handset not working on virgin phone line

Hi Wendy_mcgill

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone at the moment.

What handset are you trying to use? Most standard telephones work on our lines so it seems a little strange that yours doesn't. Have you been able to try your handset on an alternate line? Just in case theirs a fault with the handset itself.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wendy_mcgill
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have tried two BT handsets the original set I am not sure which model it is but the second set is a BT Studio 4500 Plus neither works on the virgin phone line.

0 Kudos
wendy_mcgill
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes both handsets work on another line, and the phone line is provided by virgin. So why they do not work on mine I do not understand. But the engineer said the line is ok.
0 Kudos
Phythian
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. BT cordless will not work in my house but does in a neighbours who is also with VM..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wendy_mcgill

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I'd like to arrange for another member of the team to come and take a look at this if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
patsurfs
Settling in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig.  I am experiencing the same problem, no dial tone.  I was hoping you may send me the same information as indicated in the previous post, Not sure if this was a fix, but would be very grateful for yours and  anybodies help to resolve this?   Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi patsurfs

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone line at the moment.

I've responded to the thread you created regarding this issue, which you can view by [clicking here].

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos