Menu
Dave1280
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT call blocker house phone 8500. Not working on Virgin line.

Can you please tell me why my BT 8500 call blocker home phone will not work correctly on my Virgin line? All worked ok till we transferred over last week from BT to Virgin for our complete package. The problem is that the call blocker is still barring allowed numbers from getting through to us.I have sent this message as I have tried several times with customer services who have no idea. I noticed that this has been mentioned before on the forum. Any ideas. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT call blocker house phone 8500. Not working on Virgin line.

hi Dave180

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I really appreciate it!

Sorry for not checking that the caller display was active on your account, it's something I usually do for every situation like this so I must have not had my morning coffee yesterday.

We'll be here if you need any assistance with your services moving forwardMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave1280

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your handset recently.

Not too long ago I spoke to another customer facing a similar issue and they found the issue to be with the settings on the handset in the end. Take a look at the last but one post on [This Thread] to see if those settings will help you tooMan Happy

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave1280
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Craig,

At last have solved the problem. For BT 8500 call blocker phones and no doubt the rest MUST have the Virgin line activated to use their call blocker system. So pay the extra £2.25 a month to Virgin and now the phone operates as it should with allowed calls list operating correctly and allowing them through without blocking them. As I have said I tried on numerous occasions with customer services but no-one had any idea of what the answer was. Please highlight this problem and pass it on to all concerned. Thank you once again and hopefully this will help others with the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi Dave180

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I really appreciate it!

Sorry for not checking that the caller display was active on your account, it's something I usually do for every situation like this so I must have not had my morning coffee yesterday.

We'll be here if you need any assistance with your services moving forwardMan Happy

Craig

0 Kudos