Menu
DNE3826
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Call Guardian 8500 Phones

Hi. Hope someone can help. I am new to Virgin Media and in honesty wish I hadn't had it installed due to awful service and tech problems. However looks like they have finally sorted out my problems but cannot solve the issue with my phones. I have a quad set of BT Call Guardian 8500 phones around the house. Since having Virgin installed (2 days ago) my phones are not recognising callers that are in my address book. Even regular callers are having to go through the system before the phone will connect them. When I answer the only options I now get are to press No.1 to accept or No.3 to send to Voicemail. Previously I had an option No.2 which is to always accept that number. Calls to Virgin have only advised checking on Google which is how I ended up here. Engineer has just left after solving another problem and he couldn't help. Before I spend out over a £100 on new phones can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Call Guardian 8500 Phones

this is because you do not have caller ID on the phone line.
0 Kudos
DNE3826
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Maybe someone should tell Virgin sales that?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey DNE3826

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line recently, as apcyberax has mentioned, having Caller ID enabled on your account will help.

To do that, give our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other and we'll get that sorted right away.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DNE3826
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that. Sorry to say but as I have been told by others at Virgin that my phones will not work and to try Google for an answer (as they, and an engineer who visited) I have ordered a new phone system to replace the Guardian system. Really appreciate your help though.

0 Kudos