Menu
SonOfThePoorMan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT 8500 phone caller display issue

Just had Virgin installed & everything working fine except Caller Display on my BT 8500 phone.
Despite subscribing to CD service all my calls show simply as "incoming call" with no number or ID supplied.
Have seen on the forum other users had an initial display problem with the BT8500 but was fixed by a tweak or settings change by Virgin.
Would appreciate any help or support to get the problem solved.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT 8500 phone caller display issue

You have to ask Virgin for caller ID to be setup, it's not free costs a few £'s extra per month, but may work out cheaper with the package you negotiate with Virgin.

0 Kudos
SonOfThePoorMan
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post Buffer.I've already subscribed to the £2.25p--a-month Virgin Caller Display service.I'd read on VM forum my BT8500 phone usually needs a setting tweaked to get Caller Display working on this model.Grateful for any info on who to contact.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello SonOfThePoorMan,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I have located your account and I can see that this feature is active so if there's a setting that you need to change on your handset then I would recommend taking a look at the manual that should of come with the phone.

Otherwise if anyone else on the community has the BT8500 handset and knows what setting needs to be changed then any advice would be great.

Please let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have lost the manual or find the print too small you can download the BT8500 manual as a pdf and view on your monitor 

https://www.shop.bt.com/content/uni2/documentation/9m2r/bt8500_quick_start_guide.pdf

If the text is too small, and the signs don't show, right mouse click on the pdf and use the onscreen "+" sign which shows at the right of the screen to enlarge the text

0 Kudos
SonOfThePoorMan
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for offering help,Buffer6.It's much appreciated.
I have the BT8500 manual & have checked its instructions as well as the phone settings- which are set to receive Caller Display.
The problem- evidenced by 5 or 6 previous forum posters- I believe is at the Virgin end.
Unfortunately, there is scant detail of the successful tweak Virgin carried out in the past.
Some seem to suggest it was solved remotely,while a few cite a successful engineer's visit.
The issue has been resolved by Virgin on every occasion I have found on the forums, but I'm struggling to find anyone with knowledge of the solution.
Fingers crossed I can get it sorted.
0 Kudos
SonOfThePoorMan
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back, Rose.
Before joining VM I'd researched using the BT8500 on VM & was aware from forum postings it often needed a tweak to get Caller Display to work on the new handset.
On the posts I found, a successful fix came every time from the Virgin end.Some appear to suggest Virgin remotely changed a setting,while on the odd occasion it required an engineer's visit.
I have double-checked the BT8500 manual & all the settings again to no avail.
There is a solution to the issue.It is just finding it.
0 Kudos