Menu
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Awful Service Response

Phone went dead last Thursday. On line booking system for engineer not working. (Never have found it working!!!)

Tried to speak to some one and got message I would wait 1 more minute - message ran for nearly 30 minutes when I final gave up.

Used automated phone system to book engineer - First call option 6 days later - Today before 12.00. Still no one has visited now 13.42

Log ref no 71000603

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Service Response

Hello Awful_Service.

Sorry to hear this has happened and I would like to welcome you to the community.

Has a technician contacted you since your post? I can see they have been scheduled to your property so let me know if you're still without a telephone line.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Engineer arrived at 2.00pm and traced fault to exchange. Not able to fix as it needs a new network card. This is the same card they have bodged over the last 2 years !!!!!

Now expected to wait for the exchange problem to be resolved tomorrow - maybe - if they can find a replacement network card.

If your reading this my advice is never sign up to Virgin - the service was bad and is now dreadful.

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Now have a poor dialling tone but still no incoming calls, no call divert and no contact from Virgin media engineers.

What a shower !!!!!!!!!!!.A week with a working phone and impossible to talk to anyone at Virgin who hide behind systems or simply do not answer their support line. (Waited for 30 minutes again today !!!)

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It just got worse - Honest !!!!

They have now mixed up my phone with someone else so we are getting each others calls. Phoned Virgin and got through - that's a first.

They said they would book an Engineer and could not come out till Tuesday next week. Made no different I had already waited week and they had made it worse. Also explained it was an exchange fault and all they had to do was contact their network team to resolve the issue. Jobs worth now set in - had to send an engineer and they would contact the network team so still expected to wait till next week.

Resolution - Moving to Vonage - taking my number with me - halving my monthly cost - goodbye Virgin completely incompetent service team. . 

If you want to see what Vonage offer go to www.vonage.co.uk

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry to hear what's been going on here, have the engineers contacted you since regarding the network issue?

I will keep checking the account and the appointment to see if I can bring this forward so I'll be in touch once I have any further news regarding this.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No one has contact me and now even the wrong phone number is disconnected.

I would be bankrupt if I offered this level of poor service to my customers and have arranged to move from Virgin.

Just realised that Richard Branson and myself will be at a gig together in January. Will pass on my experience in a letter I will give him so he knows what is happening as far as service levels are concerned.

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Had a text to say that the network team had taken up the problem and had cancelled my visit. Phone line working again - but still with the wrong phone number !!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Awful_Service
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sarga goes on -

Network team say fault is fixed and they have cancelled my visit for next Tuesday - but still have wrong phone number.

Requested to phone yet again to book new appointment. Phone message says I am in a 2 minute waiting queue - Now been same message for over 10 minutes. Giving up and sending complaint to OfCOM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

I really am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with our service on the phone line. I understand you're a new customer with us too and I am truly sorry that your journey so far has been a poor one Smiley Sad

I appreciate that since you've responded to us, an engineer booking has been raised for you due to the line fault and you can track this with us via My Virgin Media

Please keep us posted on how the appointment goes for you this week. We do want you to have the experience we wold expect and I really hope that the visit resolves the issues for you.

If you need anything else at all, then feel free to drop back to us. We'll be here to support you.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos