Menu
Steve622
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Area 26 phone dead again

Area 26 phone dead again but has been ringing every 10 mins throughout the night!!!

Finally disconnected the phone this morning to stop it continually ringing. Website indicates a fault and engineers are out with a fix date of yesterday!

Not a happy customer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 26 phone dead again

Hello Steve622,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're without a telephone service at the moment.

I have run a test on the line and I can see this is still part of a fault in the area and I will request for the estimated fix time to be updated.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing at the moment and we hope it's resolved very soon.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Steve622
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

Muchh appreciated.

Steven

0 Kudos
Linda0123
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ours is dead too - since yesterday evening - and we had the same scandalous problem of the phone ringing every 15 minutes all through the night. This is the 2nd time in 4 weeks that we have been without our landline and it is becoming unacceptable.  Sick of trying to get through to somebody at Virgin in this country - overseas call centre NEVER seems to know anything about the local service status and always begins from the assumption that your equipment is at fault and that you need a personal visit by an engineer. Life's too short to spend in Virgin's ether. Thoroughly tired (even more tired than usual today!!!) of the customer service and if it wasn't such a hassle to change we'd be off!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Linda0123,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Very sorry to hear that your service has been unusable.

I've had a look into this and it appears that you're currently affected by an area fault causing the Virgin Media phone service to be unavailable at the moment.

There is a fault ticket raised for this under the reference F004993259, with a review set for this evening.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more about this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Steve622
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no landline and only just renewed my 12 months line saver.

0 Kudos
Smiths27
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We are area 26 too & our phone has died - no fault showing for this area when I put in our details though. Arranged an engineer but not got appointment until Monday am!  Our broadband has been playing up lately too, dipping in & our of service.I've called twice but apparently there's nothing wrong - not what we think!  Not impressed at all as the service is not exactly cheap.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this Steve622,

I've had a look into this and it appears that you're also affected by the same area fault under the reference F004993259 with a review set for this evening.

I've sent you a private message so that we can talk about this some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Steve622
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fault appears to be fixed this morning, thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing an issue with your service Smiths27,

I've had a look into this and it appears that an area fault was raised today in relation to this.

There is currently a review set for this evening for this under the fault reference of F004998402.

I'll make sure to check back on this again later on.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos