Menu
mhayward1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Area 12 dead phone line?

Has anyone else got a problem with their phone line in area 12. I have run the test and it says there is no issue with the line, however have tried a different phone and still have the same issue.

medic
Tuning in
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 12 dead phone line?

I've got exactly the same issue.

Outgoing calls have no dialing tone and ring out with next to no volume and don't connect anyway. Incoming calls are half a ring and the line is dead when I pick up.

Website tells you no issues and to book an engineer you need to ring them... I'll pass ringing from my mobile at 40p a minute thanks.

...you couldn't even write it could you ?

VM please acknowledge that there's an issue with some phone lines in Area 12, I'm in B33.
0 Kudos
mhayward1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I feel the same, I will not use my mobile as from past experiences it take at least 10 mins to get through to speak to someone.Is there anyone from Virgin media who can help us with this without having to call?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mhayward1,

Really sorry to hear about the fault experienced. Smiley Sad

I've had a look at the line state and I'm unable to detect any obvious faults from our end.

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the handset or tried different equipment?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi medic,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar fault here.

Similar to mhayward1, I'm also unable to detect any issues via the line state at present.

Could you try the above checks for me and let me know how you get on with these?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

medic
Tuning in
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat_J

Thanks for the reply, I've tried a back up phone same as the op...

Unplugged overnight last night, same issue.

Only thing I can suggest is that if VM try to call me and the OP, you will hear that the line just rings out. I have an asm that is definitely working, when the phone rings I get half a ring and when I do answer the line is dead.

When I try to ring out, there is no dialing tone and if I try to make a call (even to 150) it rings seemingly in the distance and very quietly...

It might be an idea to test my line (I can PM number, but I assume you have access to that) at the cabinet most local to B33 8RT and see if recent maintenance, connections or disconnections have been made. The only issues I've ever had with my phone line have been due to mistakes at the local cab.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi medic,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that your landline isn't working.

Please verify the following checks have been done:

• Check the phone – Please try another phone to check if the line is the issue (required on no dial tone faults). Is the phone turned on and if it is, are the batteries correctly inserted & charged? **If you don't have an alternative phone handset to try, please try your phone on a different landline (friend/relative/neighbour's landline) and see if it works**
  • Check the socket – Check the phone is plugged into the right socket; you’d be surprised how often it’s not. Ensure it is plugged into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket.
  • Check the extension – Is it connected properly? Does the problem persist if the phone is plugged directly into the Virgin Media socket with the logo or if no logo exists, the correct phone socket?

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you if you are still having the fault on the line after doing the above checks. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mhayward1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried a number of different phones but none are working. I have checked it is plugged in correctly as well. This is now the 4th day without any phone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Hi mhayward1,

Thank you for getting back to us, I'm sorry that your landline still isn't working. Thank you for letting us know that you've tried alternative handsets.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just click the envelope icon at the top right of this page. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mhayward1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Ok so I got told that I could have an engineer come out and fix the problem, however I was told that the first available time slot was nearly 2 weeks later. We had this booked then all of a sudden the day before they were due to come out the phone lie started working perfectly fine so I cancelled the appointment. The phone line was alright for 2 days and now we have got the same problem again! 

Again I can not call up to report it as I have no phone and will not be using my mobile to be charged ridiculous amount of money. Please can we get this sorted as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos