Menu
cbbcbb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are we all getting free calls? If not, why not?

Just had an email from Vigin Media, couple of paragraphs:

We thought it might be handy to give you a quick reminder of some of the brilliant things that are part of your home phone service,

Then.

You get unlimited calls – so bring on the marathon natters.
A midday natter with your friends, or a good old catch up with your family – either way you’ll save as inclusive calls to UK landlines, Virgin Mobile numbers and 0870 numbers come as standard in all our packages.

As I see large charges on my bill for short calls to UK landlines I think we are missing out.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Are we all getting free calls? If not, why not?

You don't say what VM Landine package you are on.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cbbcbb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't see how that comes in; refers to "midday natter" so reads as though that is included for everyone.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Communications should be tailored to your package. So the 'midday natter' shouldn't appear on a communication where the phone package doesn't cover daytime calls.

But without you confirming the phone package you've got, then it's not possible to identify whether the email is incorrect, or why you may be charged for calls when you believe that you shouldn't be.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
cbbcbb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you are correct that communications are tailored, then I have been sent the wrong communication as I am not paying for Included daytime calls.
0 Kudos
cbbcbb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I made it clear that I haven't paid for daytime calls. So M.  I expect to be charged, not as intimated in the email get day time calls free.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just realised I should have said that even the base package which is the Talk Weekends / M that you are on does give inclusive daytime calls free - on Saturday and Sunday.

It's weekday daytime and evening calls that would be chargeable for you.
0 Kudos
KellyLeeds
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just recently took over an existing account in which I receive the cable & phone services . The phone is on the tariff where  you can make UK landline calls day or night time all week long for free . Does anyone know if this includes calls to a virgin mobile numbers, are they free too ? Just I have been having my nice who is on virgin mobile ring me back after I call her let it ring twice and hang up.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All Virgin Media landline call plans include inclusive calls to active Virgin Media mobile numbers, up to 60 minutes within the time period for the landline call plan

So if you have Talk Evenings and Weekends, then calling a Virgin Media mobile after 7pm to 7am Monday - Friday or all day Saturday or Sunday would be covered. Calling between 7am and 7pm Monday to Friday would be chargeable

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/index.html
0 Kudos
KellyLeeds
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply.
So I'm OK to call my niece at any time up to 60 minutes because im the free calls any time plan or whatever they call it.
0 Kudos