Menu
amandamh
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Apalled at the customer service or lack of it that my elderly parents are experiencing!

My dad is in his mid 80's with severe dementia and my mother is looking after him.  They have been without a land-line for nearly two weeks and this is the third time they have had issues with a fault on their line this year!

Virgin has denied there is a fault which is very strange as I talk to them everyday and I haven't been able to get through.  It rings a couple of times and goes dead.  They have no computer and are not computer literate and mum has an old nokia handset which is pay as you go.  She put £20 on it to speak to customer services and by the time she got through to someone, the credit had run out!  It's daylight robbery of vulnerable people and I will make sure that Virgin refund this money to her.

She has been stressed by it today and asked me to help.  I have spent over an hour calling through on the two numbers she gave me only to give up eventually after a recording gave me the party line as to how they are working on the fault.  They also said in the message that the number has broadband with it!!  They don't even own a computer.

I am hoping by registering with you that someone is able to help me get this sorted for my folks although I must admit that the only advice I would give them is to change suppliers! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apalled at the customer service or lack of it that my elderly parents are experiencing!

Hi amandamh,

Thank you for taking the time to post her on the Community Forum and bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about all the problems that your parents have experienced with their phone line and I will definitely look into this for you. 

I will need to take further information from you, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the blue envelope at the top right side of this page.

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
amandamh
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apalled at the customer service or lack of it that my elderly parents are experiencing!

Ok will await your message not received as yet.  I would also like to know why they are being charged for broadband which they don't need.  They have been with you for 20 years so I will be expecting a large refund from you (including the £20 pay as you go charge).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Amanda,

I just wanted to get back to you and let you know I've ordered the Accessibility forms for your mother now.

The attending engineer will have Virgin Media identification with his Technician ID, as well as a work order that I have raised.

On Tuesday, I'll be here until 2:30 PM, (back the next morning at 8 AM), so please get in touch with me after the appointment. I have it scheduled to check back with you already, so we can make certain this gets fixed for your parents. 

Once I confirm it's all working again, I will apply credit for all three weeks.

Speak to you again on Tuesday.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
amandamh
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I have tried to call my parents and the phone is still ringing (as it was before), but then there's a lot of noise on the line and it goes dead so still doing what it was before.  As I can't reach my folks, I don't know whether your technician has been?  I did have a call saying he/she was running late but would be there just after 12.  However I've not heard anything else.

Before you leave today, is there anyway of checking what the status is with the fault?

I would be grateful

Thanks

Amanda

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amanda, 

I'll check on this now and get right back to you.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
amandamh
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amanda, 

I've just spoke with our Field Ops, who verified the engineer is at the property now and still working on the issue.

As soon as he's finished, we'll have more information for you. 

Apologies for the delay this morning.

0 Kudos
amandamh
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will hopefully hear from you before you leave.

0 Kudos
amandamh
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I'm guessing that I've missed you but just wanted to say that my parents are here and the phone is fixed now (according to your technician) who they said was very nice and helpful.

Hopefully this is the end of the matter but if you could credit them for the 3 weeks it hasn't been working, that would be fantastic.  Also I know that you can't talk about the individual account but they don't want broadband and don't understand what it is so please could you make sure they are not paying for it!

Thanks and hopefully hear from you in the next day or so.

Best wishes

Amanda

0 Kudos