Menu
P----dOff1
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anybody feeling ripped off??

Joined less than 2 months ago to a deal...  Now been sent a letter telling me Im going to be charged an extra 3.49 a month. No dial tone on the phone and supposedly 100mps but best so far (once) 37 average 18mps.  Cap it all when I try and complain or ask for help I'm directed to a page that doesnt work or to a phone line that wants to charge 7p a minute for the pleasure of a complaint.  No wonder the boss owns an  island!!  Sound familiar to anyone?  Any advice welcome Steve

Psychoman666
Just joined
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anybody feeling ripped off??

Yup,

Ya not the only one.

Apparently they put the prices up. I never got a single letter from them telling me this. Instead I get junk mail.

They are worse than TalkTalk.

In fact, I'll be going back to TalkTalk for my Phone and Fibre and going back to Sky for my TV. It worked out a lot cheaper in the long run.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Richard Branson does not own Virgin Media. Yes he owns an island.
0 Kudos
Martyboy78
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think Ofcom may well agree with you...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38166781

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi P----dOff1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the recent price rise and have experienced a problem with your service.

We understand that no one welcomes a price increase, however, it is a necessity in order to allow us to provide the extensive range of Virgin Media services like the Ultrafast Broadband, TiVo® services along with TV Anywhere, great value home phone packages and Virgin Mobile 4G tariffs that we currently offer.  Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.

If you would like to discuss the cost of your current package, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or contact us via WebChat on Contact Us. You can find the Contact Us link at the very bottom of this page, or if you go to www.virginmedia.com click on Help at the top and then Contact Us, so that our Customer Care team will be able to look specifically at your account and give you the best advice on the options available and the cost of those offers.

Regarding the issue with your service, I've been able to run testing to your equipment and can see an issue with both your TiVo® and your Hub 3.0. I'd like to get an engineer out to you so that we can get this sorted out. I'll send you a private message requesting further information for this. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos