Menu
whatonearth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another phone not working

Dont go with virgin media my friend warned me, unfortunately I did not take her advice!!

Virgin was installed on the 12 December but no home phone from a few days after this.  An engineer was supposed to vistit on Christmas eve so I spent my afternoon waiting for someone who never came, I have now been told that no one can come until mid february. I managed to speak to someone on the chat this morning who offered me a measly refund then more or less hung up, and have not been able to get through again since. I believe I have 14 days to cancel my contract if I am not happy with the service (which would mean today is the last day), wondering if its worth just cancelling the whole lot or if its worth perservering?

Not a good start Virgin media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another phone not working

Hi there whatonearth,

Really sorry to hear about the issue experienced. Smiley Sad

This isn't the kind of start that we want for our customers to experience with us.

I can see that you've spoken with the team and they have escalated this over to an area field manager to investigate further.

You should receive contact from them as soon as they receive more information.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
whatonearth
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying to this thread.

A lovely lady did get back to me Wednesday and said they may be able to sort it by tomorrow (after I explained the accident my son had and how I needed phone access), but I have heard nothing since.  Finally the GP got hold of me via my daughter as they have been ringing the house phone to no avail for days to tell me he needs to go in today. This really is not good enough Virgin Media. 

I believe my 14 days to cancel is up today (apparantly its working days), but have a feeling I am being messed around and suddenly it will be too late and I shall be stuck with this terrible company for the next 12 months, funnily enough I dont have a phone to call and cancel on, how convenient!! Its a shame because we were happy with broadband/TV, but surely I cannot be expected to accept this terrible service from you?

Really not happy.

0 Kudos
notveryhappy2
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

coincidentally my Virgin installation was also 12th Dec and myy landline has still not ported successfully from my previous supplier, despite reporting the problem three times now - did you find a way to persuade VM to investigate (and fix) the fault they've caused?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me whatonearth,

I can totally appreciate why this would be a major inconvenience.

I can see the team are continuing to chase this as a matter of urgency.

I am sincerely sorry for the delay with getting this sorted.

If you wish to speak with our Relations team, you can do so by calling 0345 454 1111 from any line (if available), Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
whatonearth
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good news,

I am pleased to report Virgin Media did come this afternoon and fix this fault, seemed it needed a new cable.

I didnt really convince them, we had a bit of an emergency over Christmas and I would have just left for another supplier as we needed access to a phone. After I explained all this to them the lovely lady managed to sort it out, and understood  why I was so upset about the whole thing. I must say I am impressed with how it was eventually handled. Good luck.

0 Kudos