Menu
Bernie99
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Annoying phone calls

We keep getting calls all times of the day,phone rings then says the other person has cleared,these can be upto 8-9 times a day. Have reported to virgin before ,whom sent an engineer out no problems found at our end. There are no other extensions in the house,we have tried another hand set and it still continues. We know have to leave our phone on answer machine and listern to the call before answering including calls from family.this is annoying but virgin dont seem bothered and havnt done anything about it .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying phone calls

Hi Bernie99

Thanks for dropping by with your nuisance call issue Smiley Sad

I am sorry to hear this is causing you a problem.

Do you happen to have any of the numbers that have been calling you when this happens? It sounds like you're being targeted by an automatic dialler connected to a company switchboard. You should be able to retreive the call data if it's listed by dialling 1471.

For unsolicited calls you can register your details with the Telephone Preference Service  link here  for your landline and your mobile can also be registered on this link too TPS 

You were not receiving a silent call in this instance but should this be an issue for you at any point you can also register your numbers with Silentcall-Gard here SCG

Finally if we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. Once you're opted in for both of these that remain opted in as long as you have the numbers. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

Silentcall-Gard takes 24 hours to activate but needs to be re-registered every 12 months.

Please keep us posted if you have the details of the number. It's worth seeing if this can be investigated further. What I used to do on the calls I took when I was on Customer Services with these types of complaints was check up who the number belonged to and once the customer has the company details they can then register their complaint directly with them. If you'd prefer to do this yourself then that's great. Just keep us posted if you need anything else.

We're here to help out Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bernie99
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi i have been registered with tps for some time i have only started having these calls since i joined virgin phone.i have had twelve of these calls since 08.30 this morning bloody annoying.it is something to do with virgin as i never had this with talktalk still using same phone whilst im typing just had a nother call. From *******************. ***************. *****************. *************. ************.these are the numbers that constantly ring.. please sort this out.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Bernie99
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please look into this problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us about this Bernie99,

Really sorry to hear about all the bother experienced. Smiley Sad

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bernie99
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin havve not been helpful  with this issue at all. Take my money every month not willing to compromise at all..will wait until contract  is up then  change provider..

0 Kudos