Menu
Jo3091
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Am I on a Virgin phone line?

I joined Virginmedia in October last year, but keep getting billed for phone calls by my previews provider. Having checked where the phone is plugged into it looks like the engineer didn't plug the phone in the Virgin box, which I have now done, but I keep getting a repetitive bleep now. I've done a service test online but that keeps getting to 99% and then timing out. Obvoiusly I can't speak to anyone at virgin (because I don't have a line) and the online chat is constantly busy. Please, can someone suggest something/help?
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I on a Virgin phone line?

Sounds like you have two lines, have you tried to call out on the virgin line?

0 Kudos
Jo3091
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I plug the phone into the Virgin box it has a repetitive bleep so I can't make a call. However, when I phone the landline from my mobile it just keeps ringing.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The fact you are still being billed by your previous provider gives me the impression that that service was never terminated ?

With regards to your Virgin phone service that may not be active if your telephone number was never ported over successfully from your previous provider.  I assume if you call your home number the phone rings if it is connected to the non-Virgin Media phone socket ?

If this is the case, the only way to resolve this is for you to contact Virgin Media explain the situation and advise them that your number never got ported over and is still active on another line in your house.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with your service Jo3091,

I can see that you've spoken with the team regarding this since posting.

The line should be active with us, therefore, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos